PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They are just silly trinkits to make you feel like you’ve accomplished something by spending money at their establishment. Don’t you want to be cool?
If I did, I wouldn't have taken up pipe smoking. Everyone else was smok8ng cigarettes, I had to be the different one.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have:

Candy: Your candy ass padded an order with pipe cleaners to get to the free shipping threshold.

Brother-in-Law: You wanted 2 tins of the blend but when you noticed only 3 left in stock you bought all of them just to piss someone off.

Holiday Inn: You never tried the blend but left a review anyway because you just stayed at....a Holiday Inn.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Sweet Tooth - You’ve bought more than 50 aromatic blends.

Vacillator - You’ve left the site with more than 5 things in your cart without buying anything 25 times.

Prince of Potpourri - You’ve bought more than 5 lbs of Lakeland blends.

Relic Hunter - You’ve bought 25 or more estate pipes.

Earn all of the above badges and get 10% off of any Opra book selection.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I would assume gold you just get more of a discount?
The VIP silver is pretty good it takes about $10-15+ off of the price of a new pipe there... which in some cases is already discounted, leading to a very fair price!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For whatever reason, I never heard of badges until this post. My three-tin orders didn't trip the app I guess. Some marketing wizard figured this would trip the male competitive urges. 'Wonder if it works. Maybe with a Platinum badge someone channels Sixten Iversson and he carves you a pipe from the great beyond.