PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

saltedplug

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2016
An enterprising smoker, when I saw the sale I dutifully scanned most of these hundred pipes, until I found one for which I would yield $191.00, a Castello Old Antiquari stack spigot featuring what I would call branch grain. All that chamber and an interesting sandblast weighing only 36g. In pursuit of a pipe I really wanted I passed by a half-dozen contenders, continuing to look until I found the one, pushing the process to yes, I really want it, but no, I'm not going to spend the money. In the years of my association with pipes, pipe tobacco and cigars I've probably spent 50K, about $600.00 this year. Just now it feels better to say no rather than yes, which is easily said given plenty of briars, cobs and a copious cellar.

mlb55

Nov 15, 2016
I know how you feel - I've kinda been the same way myself recently.
I keep looking at pipes online, and find ones that check all the boxes for me, but then decide I can live with what I already have. There's something that feels good about that.
I *do* like that Castello you were contemplating, though.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
Yes. I missed one too, sadly. This game isn't designed for the hemmers and hawers.
I can't tell you how many times I lost a pipe because when I finally made up my mind, it was gone :lol: That being said, I saw a Peterson yesterday that I decided I'd wait on, went back just now and all but one Peterson have sold. That's what I get for hemming and hawing.