PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Woot! Add a pic in about 7 hours when that baby is rendered down, fully “barked” and smelling like heaven! No smoker magic today for me, but 3 St.Louis slabs prepped for tomorrow afternoon!

Reactions: RockRash

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
Woot! Add a pic in about 7 hours when that baby is rendered down, fully “barked” and smelling like heaven! No smoker magic today for me, but 3 St.Louis slabs prepped for tomorrow afternoon!
Nice, I will definitely take after pictures. The best part of smoking is enjoying a few beverages and some bowls of good tobacco while you wate. What kind of smoker do you use?

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Nice, I will definitely take after pictures. The best part of smoking is enjoying a few beverages and some bowls of good tobacco while you wate. What kind of smoker do you use?

I recently purchased a Camp Chef SGPro pellet smoker and have been trying to get through the learning curve (taste has been excellent, texture not so much...) I also have a custom built barrel smoker by Bobby Y’s in Seville, OH - but the convenience of the pellet smoker is winning me over for mid-week meals.

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
I recently purchased a Camp Chef SGPro pellet smoker and have been trying to get through the learning curve (taste has been excellent, texture not so much...) I also have a custom built barrel smoker by Bobby Y’s in Seville, OH - but the convenience of the pellet smoker is winning me over for mid-week meals.
I have been really considering a pellet smoker for the convenience. I have a old offset that I use all the time. It works great you just have to babysit it the entire time. I just recently started using the snake method on my webber. It's not nearly as labor intensive as the offset but I cant seems to get the temperature lower than 275ish.

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
My neighbour keeps harassing me about my charcoal BBQ about once a month. I think it's mostly because his wife is a vegetarian and seems to be a complete hard ass, which transfers in to a "talk" once in awhile from him after he's put up with her bullshit for long enough.

I just smile, repeat how superior charcoal to gas is, and change the subject... because he's an otherwise nice guy.

I BBQ salmon fairly often on a cedar plank and toss in wood chips of cedar throughout cooking. Gets a nice smoky flavour. Not really smoking the salmon, but a quarter of the way there, I suppose.

I'm going to burn some sausages tonight and light up a smoky bowl of something with latakia in it. Send her over the edge...

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
My neighbour keeps harassing me about my charcoal BBQ about once a month. I think it's mostly because his wife is a vegetarian and seems to be a complete hard ass, which transfers in to a "talk" once in awhile from him after he's put up with her bullshit for long enough.

I just smile, repeat how superior charcoal to gas is, and change the subject... because he's an otherwise nice guy.

I BBQ salmon fairly often on a cedar plank and toss in wood chips of cedar throughout cooking. Gets a nice smoky flavour. Not really smoking the salmon, but a quarter of the way there, I suppose.

I'm going to burn some sausages tonight and light up a smoky bowl of something with latakia in it. Send her over the edge...
We love cedar plank salmon we have it all the time 2165

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
Oh baby, that looks goood. I've thought about putting a small tin with a virginia flake on a cedar plank while tossing in some wood chips to see if the cedar would transfer to the tobacco. I'd had a few drinks by that point and never got to it... but I still haven't forgotten about it.

Looks like we have the same BBQ. I was going to upgrade to a green egg, maybe for bread and pizza, but I can't bring myself to let my current BBQ go. 20+ years and it's still working like a champ.

RockRash

Lurker
Sep 8, 2019
California
Oh baby, that looks goood. I've thought about putting a small tin with a virginia flake on a cedar plank while tossing in some wood chips to see if the cedar would transfer to the tobacco. I'd had a few drinks by that point and never got to it... but I still haven't forgotten about it.

Looks like we have the same BBQ. I was going to upgrade to a green egg, maybe for bread and pizza, but I can't bring myself to let my current BBQ go. 20+ years and it's still working like a champ.
Ya I've considered upgrading to a green egg or similar. But same as you I've had this Weber for 15 years and at this point its almost like family lol

Status
Not open for further replies.