PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonn

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
I recently have been smoking 1Q and it is amazing. However, I get a little tongue bite from it now and then. I began to notice that my puffs weren't as sweet tasting as before and was wondering if this is due to the tongue bite? I tried a different pipe, and it was still a blan/"paper-like" taste. I ordered the 1Q and keep it in the bag it came in...(I know I haven't got any jars yet ): ). Just curious if I'm losing flavor because of the tongue bite? Or maybe I am not packing/lighting right?
Thanks!

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Tongue bite is usually caused by either smoking too fast and/or the tobacco since bite more than others and finally, the packing of the tobacco. Tongue bite can definitely cause the tobacco and any others types of tobacco to lose there taste. Try smoking less until your tongue bite heals, usually a few days although this is an individual thing. Once healed try another tobacco and smoke slower.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
1Q's flavor is super light. It'll wane during the smoke if you're not super gentle with the puffing cadence.
Some tobaccos are going to bite you, and you need to learn to avoid those tobaccos, or smoke slower and lesson the amount of bite you experience. Bite is a chemical reaction and is really similar to being allergic to something, you can't really help it a whole lot. I don't see it getting in the way of flavor though unless the bite is super uncomfortable, just stay away from what bites you.
If you tongue is burnt, take is easy, biotene mouthwash and plenty of water. Usually not going to taste a whole lot of everything if you burnt your tongue, or have a cold for that matter.
But then again 1Q doesn't have a whole lot of flavor to spare and you can lose it if you don't take it slow.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Good advice here. I can smoke with a little tongue bite. When this happens I switch to a tobacco I know will not bite me until I heal-up. I also switch to iced-tea and sip it often. I say to myself over and over : SLOWLY, SLOWLY...

jonn

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the quick replies guys! I love the taste of 1Q but I think I may have burned my tongue. (Its all red at the tip of my tongue). I just need to stay off the pipe for a couple days till I heal.

Bite is a chemical reaction and is really similar to being allergic to something

So tongue bite is an allergic reaction to the tobacco? D:
I also had tongue bite from Captain Black. I know the aromatics can cause tongue bite, but I've never really strayed from 1Q or Captain Black. Borkum Riff made me super dizzy and hyper from the Nic. So I need to find a tobacco with no tongue bite and low nic.

Thank you guys! :D
P.S. - I thought tongue bite was normal and you eventually get used to the pain and keep going LOL.

donatello

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
missouri
I just had a similar problem, I didn't smoke for three days and then tried a tobacco I have never tried before called schafers gold (mcclelland tg3) it was amazing, I couldn't wait to have it again the next day, but the next day it had no taste at all, I suppose it was from tongue bite also but I didnt feel it at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.