Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Was a time it was allowed, yes. Can't speak to the present.
Disclaimer: I only learned that from times hiding under the covers with a well airbrushed, well read magazine found abandoned by the side of a road. I rescued it for the well written articles.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Believe I'll keep my shirt (and pants) on for pipe smoking. Perhaps remove these for other activities.

larrylegend

Lurker
Jan 3, 2014
Reminds me of the Field and Stream column about doing stupid things titled: "Don't Fry Bacon Naked". Although, smoking while in a hot tub seems perfectly safe.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Considering that many of my shirts and nylon jackets have tiny little burn holes in them... sorta glad I was wearing them. And considering this further, I think I'll remain unliberated a while longer.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I think doing anything in one of those bacterial breeding tubs is unsafe.
LOL! Now that's funny, coming from a guy who smokes cigarettes, pipes & eats bacon! I probably wouldn't get in a public hot tub either; haven't been in a public swimming pool for yrs. But I choose my "friends" wisely. No "cooties" yet!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I know what is in my cigarettes. Not so much bacon. But, I have bits and pieces which are for exit only not entrance. This is not to say that with the correct number of nubile bodies in attendance, accompanied by a liberal amount of beverages and the promise of certain activities that I cannot overcome my reluctance to sit in a bubbling cauldron of exotic germinating diseases. Risk vs reward!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
But, I have bits and pieces which are for exit only not entrance.
LOL! Those "exits only" have way too much back pressure to ever become entrances for bacteria! And it's that "back pressure" leaking off that would bother me in a public hot tub. But I get your point about overcoming reluctances & risk vs reward. I know of a story which would illustrate that point perfectly, but it can not be told here.

Status
Not open for further replies.