PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
Here's the picture...
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/atjurhs/album/picture/22541

From the end of the bowl to the end of the shank is 8.5" and the stem is 1.5" long

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Fitzy, it's not, but that wasn't your question.
I only smoke shorter pipes because I clench. I hate holding my pipes because I'm usually doing something.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
ashdigger, that's my question
btw, the shank is diamond/oval in shape, if that matters.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I have an older Dunhill 10" long Canadian estate.
lightbriar, my original post clearly stated the pipe is an older Dunhill 10" long Canadian estate
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/atjurhs/album/picture/22541
Ah... So it's one of those inexpensive Italian Dunhills that isn't, well, you know, really a Dunhill.
Got it. :roll:

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
beefeater33, when i google your "Savinelli Extra Lumberman" it comes up as a 7and1/4 inch pipe and the stem is curved, which is clearly not the pipe i have. but Dunhill or Savinelli (and if i got ripped off as a Dunhill counterfeit) all of that is irrelevant to the reason for the post (some people are just looking to snipe and enjoy doing that), others here are very helpful. i'm looking for their assistance...
the question still at hand is how to make it a good smoker? perhaps the alcohol soak and pip bristle brush, can someone recommend a good pipe bristle brush?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
are you telling me it's not a Dunhill?
This is the most WTF moment I've had on a pipe forum in quite a while. :crazy:
Yes, that's what I'm telling you. The etched finish and stepped tenon are nothing Dunhill ever did, and the button is wrong.
But why the back and forth? All you have to do is pick the pipe up and READ THE STAMPED NOMENCLATURE to know who made it. What are you playing at, here?
laughable_1.jpg

Laughable_2.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm glad that the things pointed out confirm the differences I observed as soon as I saw the photo. It may make you feel worse, sorry about that.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Well, it certainly isn't a Dunhill...but...Mr. Todd, in order for any of us to give you any quality advice, we'd have to know more specifically what about the pipe causes you classify it as a bad smoker. Does it gurgle? Is the draw too tight? Is the drilling off-center or high, preventing you from smoking the bowl all the way down? I have a 50's Dunhill Canadian that, while it isn't 10 inches, has a relatively good amount of briar shank, and it is one of my best smokers. Do you have other pipes that are similar that smoke well for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.