PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
The good news is that Smoking Pipes has this tobacco in stock, which I have been waiting patiently for!
The bad news is that their automated system charged me $54 for shipping instead of around $7 which is normal (my last 3 orders for 2x 50g tins was $7). This happened to me also about 2 years ago and although I emailed them straight away they refused to refund. I have been dealing with them for 7 years but they have ignored my latest request so I think this will be the last time for me. What a shame.
This is posted just in case others outside of US customers are tempted :) Wait until things are fixed or do a phone order.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Some good news to report. Smoking Pipes have contacted me and all seems good now, my store credit had been adjusted to reflect the difference in shipping costs.
As others have mentioned the the UPS Super Saver is the way to go and this was what I usually go for. For some reason the total $ showed that the shipping would be by that method (by assumption from the total $ amount) but clicking the place order button put in the higher shipping (can only be seen after order is placed). SP have checked the system now and all seems fine, but if you do not see the full range of shipping options it is best to email them.
All in all a good outcome and the manager at SP seems great to deal with.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
th

Ooh, smoking pies...They're simply delicious!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I grabbed myself a couple of tins. Then I decided to throw in a couple of other things from my list to get the free shipping...

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I had previously been stoked about the Dunhill Dark Flake more than the Ye Olde Signe, but after reading the reviews, I ordered a dozen tins of Ye and zero Flake. In the past, when I ignore the reviews I end up with tobacco I don't like.

jasongvl

Lurker
Feb 11, 2016
Kent, England
Niiiiice.

I have recently picked up a tin of this along with 221B Baker Street and Dark Flake.

They are calling me but I am trying to resist opening them right now lol

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I love it when retailers take the initiative and correct their mistakes, even if it takes them a few days....weeks....or however long it took them.

Status
Not open for further replies.