PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Went out for my first pipe and dark and strong mug of black coffee at 3:45, it was -5f not counting the windchill, it was a quick smoke. By sunrise it dropped to -10f so no after breakfast smoke. I went out to get the fixings to make the Maine winter bearable, beans for baking, dogs to go with them for mutha and I got what I needed for a hunters venison stew. While the stew was making itself into that beautiful warm your heart goodness I saw the highest temp of the day 5f with little wind. Packed the MM Twain with the Creamsicle Swirl Forever Stem with some 7 y/o Escudo. I forgot the temperature for about 20 minutes when it started snowing I then packed up the pipe and went and tended the stew. That smoke, the stew and a glass of Reisling were the highlight of the day, keep it smokey.

banjo
24512740607_b1e2fbe8d6_z_d.jpg

• Love
Reactions: newbroom

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
We're feeling the chill here in Edmonton too. I usually enjoy smoking outdoors, not lately!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Tried to do a little logging today here in central NH. Managed to do very little, as temps were similar to Banjo's arctic conditions. Took the wife out for some seafood and local brew instead, and now sitting in the garage with my trusty space heater smoking some OJK and thoroughly enjoying life right now.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Sitting in my garage with a heater on and it’s -6 degrees. That is the high for the next three days. I need to move to a warmer climate.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My sympathies to all! I'm glad to be living up here in the "banana belt" where it does get up into the 20s now and then this time of year. And, for those of you experiencing such, no "lake effect" either.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Have heard of horrible cold weather front swirling round upper northen states of U.S at the same time along the southern seabordland of Finland-Scandinavia we still at 30f and no snow in sight,but how long this would last is another question,fingers grossed,

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I have to prepare a corn cob just in case. :puffy:

Only had outdoor smoking experience during the mildly cold weather, but not in the extreme. And my Falcons served me well.
Speaking of cold weather, an avalanche amount of money is poured to support one side of argument, in case of people voicing out from the other side, even NASA chief scientist might still be viewed as lunatic, and needed to be "corrected by nature" with the help of other scientific peers.

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

... Zwally still stands by his 2015 study, but in an interview last week, he said nature has recently changed the equation...

"... Nature May Have Just Settled The Debate"
After all, this is the oracle forces backing up one of the important blueprints of how the world nations are going to be taxed and ruled in the 21th centuries.

Jul 12, 2011
In the same boat here Fish, here in the Northeast, it is a warmer 20F today - I smoke outdoors only , out on the patio - I'm looking into a forced air propane heater ( something that runs on the 20lb propane tanks ) so if you have some suggestions on brand/models for me that would be much appreciated as I'm tired of freezing out there, hehe

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Man! One of the reasons I moved from there. Just got so tired of the snow and cold. Growing up in West Gardiner and Hunting up in the county was priceless but that was a different time. Seems like it was never that bad when I was younger but after I left home and joined the military I changed. I miss the woods and the hunting. In fact I don't do any of that down here in Florida. The land just isn't the same let alone the wild life! The weather though! Now thats what im talking about!

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
We seem to be having a sub-zero weekend here around Greene, ME this weekend. Glad my wife's sense of smell is almost non-existent, so no problems with my pipe-smoking indoors.
Had a shipmate once from Florida who often talked about his favorite hunting down there was for wild pigs, using only his M.A.B. P15.

piffyr

Apr 24, 2015
Ya can't keep a good man down! Smoke, stew & wine? Now, there's a recipe for satisfaction under just about any circumstances.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
Good to see the weather can't keep you down. Should be back up to highs near 20 here by next week, currently 18 mph winds, lake effects and temps barely hitting double digits before dropping at sundown. Strong black coffee and Kendal Dark helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.