PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I hardly ever smoke in the house. But, tonight here I sat with a window half open and a fan blowing out, reading the post here, watching True Blood and surfing the net. I'm smoking my favorite baccy (Blue Note) in a Peterson smooth 314 and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :puffy:

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I've been fighting the urge to do the same. Last night they had Dirty Harry on (again) and I just wanted to get some coffee and fire up one of the pipes with some Louisiana Red and kick my feet up with my dog beside me on the couch and enjoy...but, I quit smoking in the house around 2000 and haven't since. Maybe the urge to do so will overcome me one day.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
It's finally cool enough to cut the air conditioning and I'm doing exactly what you are, fan point out the front door though. My wife says she can smell from the other room while im smoking but the next day she can't tell if i smoked or not.
I do run an air cleaner in my livingroom 24x7 but also have 2 dogs....

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Once the kids left home, I started smoking in the House again, but only in the Living Room. Feet up in the Computer chair, cup of coffee and watching The Alamo.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I'm confined to the basement for my leisure time the wife and little guy don't appreciate the pipe. :wink:

watching Kung Pow on netflix at the moment....lol

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
cocolt, if you raise a window and point a fan out, you can't tell if anyone has been smoking the next day. I don't think pipe smoke sticks around like cig smoke.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I usually smoke in my room with the window open, in a few hours the smell has gone. Certainly more comfortable than outside in the cold!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I smoke in the house but I get feedback from Mrs Sothron and set some tobaccos aside for outside only based on the room note.
I feel for those guys who have to smoke outside. I would imagine it's very uncomfortable.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I smoke inside when my girl and daughter are not home. They don't like it but I pay 90% of the bills so if I am alone I will smoke in the house I just don't smoke the stinky stuff it sticks around to long.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I smoke in every room of the house--except for our bedroom,although once in a while I smoke there also. Wife doesn't like my pipe.Oh,well.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I love smoking outdoors. Just seems right to be out in nature while smoking. On occasion in the winter I will smoke inside but that is less than once a month. I've never used a fan and it hasn't lingered. It probably has to be more consistent to linger.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I'm single so I only smoke in the house. There's no computer outside, so why would anyone ever want to go there?

Jul 15, 2011
I usually smoke in the living room propped up in front of the TV. Didn't smoke tonight, but last night was a big pipe full of Montford Point Marine and the last few episodes of Breaking Bad. Doesn't get much better than that.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I have a nice patio/deck combo where I prefer to smoke, spring through fall. I can use my laptop out there and have a nice sound system setup.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
I was lucky when I bought the house, the previous owner had a two car garage built on the side where the carport used to be and enclosed the carport, so I turned that into a Bar with darts and pool table, thats where we smoke, down the road we will climatize it completely so we do not need a window A/C and use a kerosine heater, putting in a heat pump. Its a nice set up, no weather to wory about and can do all I want to without smoking up the house.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I feel for those guys who have to smoke outside. I would imagine it's very uncomfortable.
Thanks, but not really. I made it quite comfortable.
I have a nice patio/deck combo where I prefer to smoke, spring through fall. I can use my laptop out there and have a nice sound system setup.
Add in covered, with a good fan and some misters for the Texas heat, a propane heater and a fire pit for the wintertime... nothing like smoking outdoors. Watched a hawk absolutely hammer a dove sitting on a post two days ago. Feathers flying everywhere in a big puff... :rofl: You won't see that sitting inside ;-)

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
i have 5 and 6 year old kids and i smoke in the house.. they hate cigs, and i allow no cig smoking in my house. but pipes just smell great. like good incense kinda:) my kids love the smell and are mesmerized by the act of smoking a pipe. its way more socially acceptable:)

Status
Not open for further replies.