PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
My smoking gets cut down about 90% over winter. I smoke a few bowls in my truck or in the warehouse after work. I now only take my cobs out into the real world after too many close calls with my briars regardless of temperature

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
My Hellcat does not like you!
A fellow muscle car owner. Charger or Challenger?
I used to set up an ice fishing house in the winter. I got a nice one from Bass Pro. Honest. I posted about it last year. It is wonderful. Get a long extension cord and a heater and comfortable chair and you are good to go. Of course you look kind of silly to the neighbors, but it works.
I remember reading about you doing this and sort of did the same this year, only I bought a pop up tent, set it up on the back porch and put my chair and heater inside. Works very well and my neighbors already think I'm crazy so I don't care haha.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Warren, when I can't sit comfortably in a lawn chair in my nook in the garage and my legs and core get cold, that's with a down vest and sweat-shirt on, then I break out my preferred 'stay warm' method.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Yeah the car is my smoking cave for the winter with all four windows cracked at least an inch and the car gets minimally stinky...

I was thinking to check out a brick and mortar to smoke in but have yet to try...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Make friends with the cold.
snow-dude.jpg

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Here's an idea...an igloo.
The winter of 2014 I built an igloo in the backyard. It was big enough for two adults and it was comfortable. Here's a picture of me inside enjoying a beer...the beer always stayed cold.
Drinking some Leinie's I see, they brew that 8 miles from me.
I'm in Wisconsin. That said, it gets cold here. I smoke mainly Latakia blends, in my car, or outside in 5-10 stints.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My wife bought the mini for me to commute 120 miles each way once upon a time. It has been a great ride. I can almost fit it in the bed of my truck. And NH roads were made for how it handles.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Drinking some Leinie's I see, they brew that 8 miles from me.

I'm a bit further...4 hours. Stopped at the Leinie Lodge last fall on my way home from Duluth.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
One of the reasons I took up the pipe was to be able to smoke indoors without excessive complaints from the rest of the family. (Cigars just weren't appreciated by them for some reason.) During the coldest weather I thus have the option of smoking inside. I have a room for this and smoke blends that have a nice room note. I actually like cold weather, so aren't forced inside unless the temps are particularly cold (below zero F) and the windchill factor is strong

Status
Not open for further replies.