Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
My car, my pipe, simple as that. I need to clean some of them out now, since I have a dozen or so in the console & it's getting hard to decide by feel -laugh-
For road trips (5-6 hours or so) I'll usually pack 2-3 in advance & reload at gas stops. Definitely does help to keep me from grumping in heavy traffic!
B

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Have never mastered the fine art of smoking a pipe while driving. Did it once driving from Indianapolis back to Pittsburgh. That’s a boring 400 miles so I gave it a shot. Switched to a cigar at the first rest stop.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I smoke in my truck ALL THE TIME. On Tuesday of last week I spent 12 hours in my truck and smoked about 10 bowls of Granger in 3 different pipes. Wednesday was also 12 hours and about 10 bowls of Granger in 2 different pipes. Thursday was 3 fire scenes, 4 bowls while driving around Vegas. Friday was 14 hours in the truck and about 10 bowls of Granger in my Chopped Falcon with Meerschaum Bowl.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Ashdigger, Kombucha in your flask right? :wink:
I always smoke when driving my ute, its a '97 but would still do so if I was driving a new car. I don't smoke in the family car but only really use that with the kids in the weekend anyway.

I find gear changes are fine but if my pipe needs a relight and I am gearing down at a corner and the phone rings it gets a bit much.
Isaac

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
If I’m driving, I’m smoking. Usually a pipe on the way to work and a cigar on the way home... I make it a point to smoke in a new truck when I pick it up from the dealership as I go straight to the beach to break it in!

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
I use lightweight pipes for easy clenching and pack my bowls before I get to driving. Kind of a must since I drive a stick, my only complaints are the smoke tends to get in my eyes so sunglasses are preferred. I've had some very memorable smokes in my car and its the only consistent time I can smoke. Wife hates the smell but it's not her car. Tamping does take some skill though and is prob the hardest thing to manage while driving.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Never really considered it...

But you all might like to listen to C. W. McCall singing “Wolf Creek Pass”... Driving a 1948 Peterbilt over The Great Divide... :puffy: :rofl:

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
649fabd9-7138-4983-b506-4fd917719679-549-0000003062732d34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.