PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
The only problem I have is dropping my pipe in my lap when I open my mouth to scream at other motorists. That'll be trouble when it gets warm enough to wear shorts.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I used to until I had a baby girl. I don’t really want to take her car seat in and out all the time and I don’t want the car stinking up as I don’t want my daughter to smell stale smoke and think of her dad, just not the way I’d like to be remembered. I used to smoke in my car all the time, during work breaks and lunch. Got to the point where my windows got so stained with tar that I could hardly see while driving, it was extremely hard to clean off too. Every now and then I’ll sneak a pipe in there but now that I’m divorced I smoke in my home so it’s no big deal.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sounds like Hawky had to choose between his pipe or his wife. Good choice

:rofl:

Pretty much, it’s not too far off base, my ex wife HATED my pipe smoking. I’m much happier now, I’ve got my pipes, my good ol’ dog and plenty of bonding time with my daughter, much more quality time with her now that my ex isn’t monitoring my every decision, we can actually laugh at our farts together now, no better bonding time than sharing some flatulence every now and then and finding humor in it. Ya know, my first mistake was marrying a man-hater.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Smoke in the car almost every time I get in, whether for a five minute errand or a half day drive. Large bag full of dry tobacco makes loading with one hand, eyes on the road. Same with lighting; one hand for lighter, one on wheel, both eyes on road.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I enjoy a nice cob on my way home sitting in traffic

When that idiot in front of me cuts me off I just puff a little harder and move on.

Seriously though...it does calm me down on the road and that ain’t bad.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Love smoking in my car. Heavy traffic sucks and lighting up a delicious bowl gets my mind off dumb traffic and relaxes me. Driving becomes second nature and smoking grabs most of my attention.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
I tried it a couple of times, and it's a bit inconvenient for me.
On the other hand, I love bringing a pipe to the golf course and have no issues enjoying it while on the cart :puffy:

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I smoke in the car (mostly because I don't smoke inside-not really-our secret) but not while driving. I like smoking mindfully, if I want to smoke while driving it's usually a Cigar or 'rillo but even that rarely. Like Timt; many cold idle hours spent in the driveway.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
All of my vehicles have two wheels. Not sure what would go up quicker, the pipe or my beard.
The last thing I want to do is give Ashdigger more work!
hqdefault.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
My avatar is actually me smoking in my car. Every morning I take my 3 year old to the kindergarten and on my way to the work I light up a bowl and enjoy it for 15-20 minutes. The worst part is parking and leaving the pipe in the car. As shermnatman described I don't care about the traffic or reckless drivers and I love red lights. I also try to finish my lunch early and enjoy another 30 minutes of puffing while sitting in the car. From my workplace it takes about 15 minutes to arrive home and every single minute of that journey consists of pipe smoking. When my wife asks what I did during the lunchtime I tell her what I ate and then how I enjoyed smoking X blend in my X pipe while sitting in my transportable smoking lounge. Here are some pictures from the lounge:
AvhltcL.jpg

c2n2sQi.jpg

XBFPhXW.jpg

cIL8jCr.jpg

vstrmBi.jpg

BUiXnjG.jpg

catskillcal

Lurker
Jul 15, 2017
I smoke while driving in my car and at work in my truck, I'll drive a good 4 to 6 hours without stopping on a good day. And most of the time that's the only place for me to actually enjoy my pipes during my day. So I had to come up with a one handed pipe packing system. Put the tin on lap, open tin, put lid between legs, take pipe and slide tobacco into bowl with one finger, clench pipe, close tin, toss tin into overhead cubby, light pipe. all with one hand and keeping eyes on the road, but in my further defense I usually try to pack a pipe or two before I start driving. As to smoking in a vehicle in general, it will stink it up quite a bit without proper ventilation, and when you do drop your pipe (especially driving 65-70 with a load pushing 80k) it can be a bit of a distraction but at that moment you just have to ignore it until you've assessed the situation. Also been thinking about vehicle friendly pipe racks.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
Lacking catskillcal's dexterity, I've never been comfortable smoking a pipe in my car. I can manage cigars and cigarettes, though.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I went to my health clinic yesterday to review my prescription meds. During the interview, I was asked the routine questions including if I smoked. I acknowledged that I smoke a pipe but like Mr. Clinton, I do not inhale. (Got a laugh) Later an attendant pushed me out to the car in my wheelchair. When I opened the door she exclaimed, "Oh! you smoke a pipe. That smells wonderful!"

dash-pipe-rest.jpg

This is two wooden piperests, setting on a non-slip drawer liner on my console.

:::knock on wood::: I have never dropped a pipe while driving. Nor, has any infringement on my driving occurred from smoking a pipe. Here, the speeds on the interstate are usually kept between 80 and 100mph. If you drive slower, you can get run off the road or pulled over for not staying with the flow of traffic. If I do have to drive at a slow 70mph, like out of state, it seems like a crawl. So, if you are someone who thinks that smoking a pipe "might" be a distraction for you, please don't smoke. I don't see a difference between smoking a cigarette, cigar, or a pipe. All are pretty much hands-free to me. But, if for some reason YOU think it would be too much for you... then just don't. For the rest of us who never even questioned it... keep on rolling. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.