PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Has anyone smoked while having a hangover? Would it help or make you feel worse? I'd probably avoid high nicotine blends as those give me lightheadedness which probably wont help a hangover in the least bit.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I don't get hangovers too often anymore, but FWIW I find that smoking helps quite a lot.

tonguebitepipecleaner

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2013
Oh hell no, take it from an Irishman. Would make me feel like boiled shite after a heavy drinking session, as if the taste in the mouth wasn't bad enough, and hard enough to shift!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I really don't remember if I ever smoked with a hangover.I haven't had one in over 30 years.Don't plan on ever having another one.I still remember how sick I was..OUCH..I think my head still hurts.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Alcohol depletes the body of thiamine which is one of the biggest factors in your feeling like shit the day after consuming large quantities. Vitimin B is the precurser to thiamine. I learned, long ago, in a neuropsychology class that vitamin B is the ULTIMATE hangover cure. Wake up, pop a vitamin B with lots of water, have a big greasy breakfast and then relax with a pipe and tobacco of your choice. In a half hour you will feel right as rain. Well, your aches and pains will be gone, but your head will still be a little fuzzy. Only thing good for the fuzziness is herbal therapy and movies.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Avoid hangovers. My trick is to get that perfect buzz (I call it being perfect) then keep maintenance on that buzz while the night progresses. Then finish with some water before you crash. I have had very few hangovers and have had many more nights where I can't drive.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
If you insist on drinking more than you should, switch to jäger bombs or some other mixed drink with an energy drink in them, all energy drinks have vit. B which helps a lot with hang overs. Also take a Prilosec and eat some sorta bread before/during your night and that will help with vomiting. Of course you could avoid all of this by being a gentleman and only maintaining a buzz :p

Status
Not open for further replies.