Smoking and 3rd Hand Smoke, Child Abuse and etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"It's ironic that the people who want to rid the planet of tobacco are almost always the same people that think anyone should be able to smoke pot if they want to."
It's also ironic that those same people usually bitch about overpopulation, but are against anything they deem "unhealthy".

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
It's also ironic that those same people usually bitch about overpopulation, but are against anything they deem "unhealthy".
Okay, but I'll play the part of devil's advocate. Overpopulation can occur in spite of early death and where does this argument go? Overpopulation is a problem so war is good? Overpopulation is bad so epidemics of infectious disease are good? Can you see where I'm going?

One can identify overpopulation as a problem while simultaneously advocating against perceived human suffering without being a hypocrite.

By the way I'm a father.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
One of my favorite parts about the culture here in the rural parts of the Midwest is that these busybodies are almost universally detested. I wish they would just cut to the chase and say "You have no right to smoke. Smoking should be illegal and be treated as a criminal activity. You are a criminal and an abuser."
Damn busybodies who would like nothing more than to regulate every aspect of other peoples' lives. Too many of them these days. I suppose our civilization has, in some regards, been too successful so now that Mrs. New York Times has all of her material needs so easily met, she can comfortably spend all of her time opining as to how the rest of us should live our lives. I'm not saying we should go back to 12 hour factory shifts and back-breaking small farm work, but it's fair to say that we will always have to deal with some unpleasant unforeseen consequence of our progress. The creation of large groups of people who have nothing better to do than worry about other peoples' business is one of those unfortunate consequences.

arthoz

Lurker
Oct 5, 2018
Actually I started smoking pipe because I believe I am now at an age where I could comfortable enjoy to the fullest the pleasures of life after a "healthy" life time living like a monk. Also seeing family and friends who live healthy but still die from various illness ranging from denggue fever, colon/pancreas/prostate/etc cancer, heart disease, diabetes...even our world champion badminton player now have cancer...so I guess why bother? Healthy life is not a guarantee of safety at all.
I'm in my prime and won't grow any younger. I worked hard and earn my right to enjoy all the pleasures of life before I'm withered by old age. For kids...let them earn their keep before they have the right to have pleasures from their choice of "poison".
I think we are being fooled by some people to live a "healthy" life because they are fanatics in some way and want others to join in their misguided suffering. We won't live forever and even if we do live to a ripe old age...take it from me who have many family members who reached the age of 100 or more, it is not graceful to be weathered by time. It is a revelation that made me rethink my life and decide that I don't mind if death comes early...so long that my life is meaningful and pleasurable...quality is always better than quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.