PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
If you live in Florida, you expect 90 degrees and 90% humidity this time of year. Harris joined me for a smoke and dinner tonight. The key to a happy experience is great flake, Deep Woods Off to discourage the no-see-ums, a portable air conditioner blowing on the deck, and my fabulous wife Greta bringing the wine and cheese...
2iu2tjr.jpg

20atfy9.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Looks like a fun evening. Do you two live near each other? (I know Harris is in the Key's)

I suspect just before dusk is a prime time in FL to avoid the heat.

Your wife looks like a good sport too!

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I live in Florida and smoke my pipe outside almost exclusively. A great flake surely helps during a summer in the tropics, but a great friend to share the experience is the real key. There's something timeless about lighting up a favorite briar in the company of an old friend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Another great night sharing a good pipe and good wine with good friends. Zack's portable AC unit was freaking great, felt like we were inside. We were smoking John Aylesbury Luxury flake using the fold and stuff method.
Al, I live in Sarasota which is about an hour south of Tampa. Zack lives about 13 miles from me also in Sarasota. Don't know why you thought I was in the keys.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Smoking in Florida can be a challenge. Last time I was in Clearwater the heat was beating down hard but a good flake and a portable ac unit would help immensely. Looks like you all had a great time. I miss Florida can't wait to head back to the condo there.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
Smoking a pipe right now outside in GA. Just checked, the temperature is the same as FL. And humid. But with my hat on and trying to stay in some shade I will muddle through. It was either this or stay inside and not have a pipe, but that's just crazy talk.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Harris, I wasn't going to mention the name of the flake that must not be named...Now you'll have 20 guys with back orders...Good times!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Zack, after I posted it I went ooops. LOL. Actually there are plenty of guys on this site who have seen me smoking this in the what are you smoking section. I never mention it on any of the other sites I frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.