PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone else get teary eyed when smoking? I only smoke latakia blends, so it either is or isn't the tobacco. Just wondering if others have the same problem and do drops or something.

newdave61

Lurker
Aug 31, 2018
I will sometimes get watery eyes when smoking a bent. It's inevitable, but some eyes are more sensitive than others in this respect.

I get red swollen eyes when setting in a lounge with too many other smokers, but not from just smoking my own pipe. Our pipe club's success with gaining more and more members is great, but as it gets larger and larger, I can barely stand to go, and Briary Pipe events are great in getting to meet pipemakers and tobacconists, but with everyone smoking, I can only stay inside for a few minutes at a time.
Eyedrops have always been like throwing gasoline on a fire for me. They always make it worse.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
It happens to me every now and then, usually when I am smoking in a closed in area and there is poor ventilation.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Same as above. My eyes turn red in a smoky room or tent, but not when smoking by myself.

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
haha, I'm so grateful that it's not just me. I've given up smoking my bent billiard because the smoke seems to go straight into my eyes no matter where I sit or how I hold the pipe. My author, straight billiard, and Rossi 8673 do just fine and give me no smokey-eye problems at all!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Yes...the key is the amount of eye shadow you use, and how to fade it out to the edges.......Oh wait... I mean...no I typically don't have problems with my eyes watering.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Sometimes it happens. I don't usually clench my pipe in my jaw, for this reason & others. I also tend to stay away from nose warmers now, because a longer stem keeps the smoke out of my eyes more effectively.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
haha, I'm so grateful that it's not just me. I've given up smoking my bent billiard because the smoke seems to go straight into my eyes no matter where I sit or how I hold the pipe. My author, straight billiard, and Rossi 8673 do just fine and give me no smokey-eye problems at all!
Smoke outdoors, and face downwind!

Status
Not open for further replies.