PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Anybody own one of these pipes? Just wondering, I do like the look of this pipe, but never heard of anything on these pipes. If so, how does it hold in the hand, does it clench well, is the drilling straight with a good draw?
http://www.smokershaven.com/smokers-haven-pipe-the-cognac-tan-blast-w-nickel-and-ebonite-saddle.aspx

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have inspected these pipes during one of my visits. They are all drilled perfectly and will provide an excellent smoke. Plus, there is no bowl coating in these so the break in process will be much easier. I'd say go for it, you won't regret it.
The draw is excellent, you can fit the business end of a tapered cleaner in with no problem. They definitely feel good in the hand and clenching is not an issue if you are fine with the weight. The tan blast will darken nicely over time and the stems are very comfortable.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
@mrenglish - Thanks for the info, I will definitely add one of these to my collection, once my commissioned pipe arrives I will pull the trigger.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I too have seen them in person and have been eyeballing them the last few days as they are on sale. I don't think you can get a better pipe for $75-$100. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one is because I don't want another straight pipe at this time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fit and finish on the briar look right. It is heavy for the size bowl, so this may not be a clencher for walking or driving, so it depends on how durable your jaw and teeth are, but it's far from being a heavy pipe per se. I think the light finish would darken somewhat over time, but that could be a good thing. If this one is calling to you, I'd go with it.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Yes, for some reason, I find this pipe very appealing to the eye. If it is not a clencher, that's totally fine, I have Eric Paulson commissioning a Devil Anse for that!!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
@edgreen. Yes, but these are made exclusively for Smokers Haven. The *only* reason I have not gotten one is preferring my pipes to be in the 40-45g range. I have looked these over carefully and am impressed with the quality, doubly so when they are on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.