PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Anyone know which candles work the best for next day smokers regret about smoking in my house with 2 other gents one of which was smoking a huge cigar.

Help

Jeff

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Fabreeze the carpets, pillows, curtains and anything else that could absorb the smell. The candles are more for when you are actually smoking. After you have Fabreezed open the windows and air the room. They sell it in large squeeze bottles. Don't use the aerosol kind. You would empty it in 2 seconds.
If that doesn't work I know Bead Bath & Beyond has some stuff specifically for removing smoke smell in the furniture care sections.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Has anyone ever tried these "Lampe Berger" things I see listed everywhere ? Do they really work ?
Starting to gently thread where no man has gone before... smoking in my house ;-)
With the cigs, it never was an issue. Grab one, go, smoke it, 10 minutes later you're back inside. Now with the pipes... I'm gone for 30 minutes at least. So it's be nice if I can find a way to smoke in my home office at least.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
My wife use to manage a Bridal/Gift shop and we had many of these in the house. I thought they worked great but I never smoked at the time. We would use them to get the smell from frying food out of the house.
I actually sat in on a business presentation as to how they work and I was quit impressed. Supposedly, if you use it for 30 minutes it "purifies" all the air in a medium size room. It did work wonders for the getting the fried food smell out. The one thing I noticed is it depended on the scent used by how quickly the smell went away and I think this was because the different oil/alcohol mixtures used burned at different rates. It definitely did not have that cover up smell you get with cheap air fresheners.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
In my experience these candles don't work very well especially when you are smoking. They might work better since you will be using it the day after. The best thing for keeping the smell of smoke down is to use an air purifier. They wont remove all of the smell but they work pretty well.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
My local B&M sells them. They permit smoking inside and they have 3 of them and when you walk in you dont smell anything unless some one is smoking at that time. They can get expensive, but they do work.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Im on the fabreeze wagon, that and an open window and your set.
I live in a tiny studio apartment, I smoke ALL THE TIME in my bedroom/kitchen/parlor/mudroom/I only have one room and it smells while I smoke, and even a bit after, but the next day? nothin... Use fabreeze and keep the window open for a half hour, its gone completely

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Lampe Berger work great and you can cut the scents with 99 isopropyl alcohol to get the most bang for your buck . Some of the scents can be overpowering if used staight . YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.