PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burley Guy

Lurker
Oct 18, 2019
Colorado
Hi all! By way of introduction, I‘ve been smoking a pipe since 1969, and bought my first pipe from the Tinderbox. It was a cheap one, but smoked it for years, and just retired it last month. Likewise, I‘m retired as well. I smoke a couple of bowls daily, and typically it‘s Burley. This week I’m smoking Amphora Burley. I don‘t care for Latakia or Perique, but will jump onto the Virginia’s occasionally. I’m a fan of Chacom, Vauen, Peterson and Savenelli and Stanwell pipes, but find myself hitting my Chacom’s most often.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from N.C. I agree, Amphora Burley is an agreeable blend. My first pipe was from Tinderbox too, a bent pot with a vertical saddle stem, still going after all the years, possibly by Chacom, but stamped Tinderbox St. Ives.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Hello and welcome from hot as hell Florida! This site is great, I'm sure you will make some forum friends and possibly learn something new from the fine folks on here.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just flew out of Denver three hours ago. Didn't have time to check on tobacconists, but next time. Lordy do I hate huge airports now. Which is worse, Denver or O'Hare??

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.