PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Love Gas Light. Two thumbs up
I cut a couple of slices and let it dry on a plate for 10 or 15 minutes.
Stoke the pipe and revel in the thick, velvety goodness.
I like to open the tin just to inhale the mixture of what seems to me like a mixture of raisins, blacktop, dates and spices.
Very unique and incredible tobacco.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
The plugs I’ve had have been dense. I get creosote, leather and spices upon opening the tin or jar. My method to prepare is cutting a flake then cube cutting that. I will let it dry for 15 to 30 minutes.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You folks must live in a dry climate! Or drying indoors with central heating cranked up a bit. The half pound tin I opened a few days ago does have a very pungent odor, and I am just getting used to the taste while smoking. It's also even wetter than some Esotericas I've had.
I've broken up one cake to let it dry more uniformly, and now wondering how best to prep the leaf. Right now scissors seem to be the way, as I don't have a guillotine handy. Ideas?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It's been a couple of years since I smoked Gaslight, I can't remember, is it a whole leaf plug or is it more of a crumble cake? I remember it coming in two small chunks but I want to say it was more of a very dense crumble cake rather than a plug but I could be wrong.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
That was the 2nd blend I purchased when I started. Smelt kinda like kerosene or old railroad ties to me but was a good smoke.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I like a rough cube cut and a bit of a dry time on this one. One of my favorites for sure.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a Lat bomb fan. A measured amount as a condiment is often good or excellent. I do tire of Lat and Per used in too many blends as default condiments. When used right, they are among the best, but when dusted into every blend, they're kind of ordinary. There are many other condiment tobaccos that can be used with or without Lat or Per that provide a wider range of flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.