PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Does the site have one? For the forum end of things? Currently my only access to the internet is through my DroidX2 and typing out a post on the sight is.... less than enjoyable ....

xoibsurferx

Might Stick Around
Oct 30, 2011
Monroe, NC
I would love a smart phone app for this forum. I do post sometimes using the browser on my phone but its very time consuming. I'm on a android phone.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I would love one as well considering I try to check the forums out on my lunch break, but it's such a pain on a phone. I just don't know how easily it could be done, so I wouldn't hold my breath. But light one up in hopes anyway.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I just checked again, and Tapatalk is still not compatible with the forum package we are using, but it is being worked on. Tapatalk is a paid closed source app, which is different than most plugins that add functionality. The team that is working on making Tapatalk work with Bbpress is a volunteer team, so it might not happen real fast.
Thanks for bringing it up. Hopefully we'll be able to use it in the near future.

subperceptual

Lurker
Oct 31, 2011
AZ
Remind me the weekend after next (Nov 12th/13th) - I can bang out a mobile front-end ..... if nobody objects. Seems pretty straight forward to me. It won't be as elegant as tapatalk, but it will at least make our mobile experience a bit more friendly.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for the offer Subperceptual.
You may want to check this and see if there is something there you can use that offers the members what they are looking for -
https://launchpad.net/bbpress-mobile/tapatalk-bbpress-plugin

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Thank you, Kevin and subperceptual. I appreciate the response. I don't mean to saddle you with more to do. I was wondering if there was an application already out that I was not aware of.

annapolispipes

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
Annapolis, MD
I was just thinking of posting a "we need a mobile version" and did a search. I wonder how close we are to seeing something more iPhone user friendly.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
There's an app for that!
Err, wait ...
Kevin I still think getting your coder to make a mobile version of the website/forums is a good idea. Forget the special app that you'll end up having to make for iPhone and android.

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
Thanks for the thought toward Tapatalk. That is what I use on every other forum. Too bad this does not support it. Time for a change?

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
I'm on the other side, I like old school, setting on the desk, clanking on the keyboard, althouhg I have Samsung Galaxy Note mobile, but still prefer the old ways and big screens.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
We are so underrepresented for being the best pipe community out there.
This is a screenshot from Forum Runner on my iPhone.

ae79da0b.jpg

And for Tapatalk.

737f234d.jpg

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
A mobile app or, at the very least, mobile functionality would be awesome. I often find myself in situations where I'd rather be communicating with my brothers and sisters here than the people who are five feet from me. Such is life.
Whatever the solution, if you need writing/editing/copy writing/minor graphics work done for for the final release, give me a holler. I've been damned busy these past couple days, but I'll make it work.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Forum Runner won't work for us either, but you guys have persuaded me to move this up on the list.
I'm starting the discussion with a couple of guys now, but keep in mind I am juggling A LOT of things, and have to pay the bills at the same time.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
"Yeah, I dont think I am going to pay my bills anymore"-Officespace
think i will just pack a bowl and puff instead, while I look for the new Pipesmagazine.com App.

Status
Not open for further replies.