PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Would love to see an app come out for this forum! Anything to make it a little more user friendly for those on their smart phones. My time spent on the forums is split 50/50 between my phone and my computer. I get much more done when I am on the computer simply because it is easier to navigate around when you aren't on a tiny screen looking at a full website page.

Maybe someday the change will be made but until then I will still use my iPhone difficult or not! I can't stay off the forums :D

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
the worst part about posting from my iPhone is that the stupid 'Home My Account My Blogs' bar gets all crazy and makes it difficult to proofread or make any edits.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
'Home My Account My Blogs' bar gets all crazy and makes it difficult to proofread or make any edits.
I agree! It is by far the greatest problem I face also. Like you said, when a correction needs to be made you must zoom out all the way to make the change and at that point it is virtually impossible to read your message!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Let me illustrate the frustrating tendency.

0f2f6310.jpg

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thank you marmal4de for showing them all what we deal with on a day to day basis!

I might have to hire someone to make an app for this community assuming Kevin would be okay with it and it didn't drain my wallet.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I was writing an iPhone cellar app but lost all my data in a really sad HDD failure, gave up on it after that. Might be worth approaching BB Press with the idea of them making an app that can access their forums form a mobile device without complications.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
For keeping track of both my tobacco cellar and my cigars I use Bento, it's nice because it syncs across my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro.

bbarnes

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Mississippi
Bringing up an old topic here. I'd love to be able to use Tapatalk or another app to access the forum. I did a search and this was the most recent and relevant thread, so I'm assuming this still hasn't been addressed. I checked the Tapatalk website and it says they now support bbPress. What are the chances of us utilizing it?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
bbarnes:
This isn't an answer to your specific question, but. . .
I recently listened to an interview that Kevin, this site's owner, gave on OomPaul.com, and he mentioned that they would be optimizing the site to work more effectively across digital platforms. That is, the site would know whether you're on a tablet, a smartphone, a desktop, and it would respond accordingly giving you the optimum experience for that device.
As you're probably aware, that hasn't happened yet. (Or, if it has, it hasn't made a bit of difference to how the site looks on my iPhone 5 versus my iPad versus my desktop. It's the same Web-page experience across all platforms.) But Kevin's comments lead me to believe that it's something he's working on. And I would think that that would also include optimization for apps like Tapatalk.
Bob

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I'm sure something is in the works. Kevin made a post not too long ago about how high the mobile traffic was to this site, something that surprised him it seemed. There was a lot of input in that thread. I'm sure it takes time to do that sort of thing and with the launch of the radio show and briarbid I'd say he's been stretched a wee big thin! LOL

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Hello.

I apologize for bringing back a dead topic, but I consider it relevant.

Just downloaded Tapatalk, and couldn't find this forum.

In three years, maybe there was some change or update.

Again, I apologize. But an optimized form of mobile access would be very positive, in these times.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Still nothing. Full Stack Web Developer here. Will convert to responsive/mobile-friendly site for small tobacco stipend.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yes there has been talk about it. But I've been strictly using my phone's for this site since I joined, with no issues.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
probably an update in another thread on the topic in 5 years time, one would imagine..

Status
Not open for further replies.