PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I am very proud to have won the 2018 Northeast Regional Slow Smoke Competition with a time of one hour and twenty three minutes for three grams of tobacco. This holiday party is my favorite event of the year, plus a Holiday Kaywoodie Competition pipe for the cost of entry. The contest is officially sanctioned by the United Pipe Clubs of America. Sorry about the sideways picture. But this trophy is no joke.
20181209_170530-600x291.jpg

Reactions: Patrick_Green

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations, crash. It's an intellectual workout to figure out how to do that, how to make it work. You're talking to a crowd who can really appreciate this..

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Cosmic, I was asked to go to Nationals. I will if possible. I can't remember the tobacco suddenly, but I'll check with Bill.

MSO, thanks a million. I never expected to win by as much as I did. It was a complete shock to me.

Is that a Kaywoodie your smoking? I may have to look more closely at those. The only thing I remember being a turn-off to Kaywoodies was the screw in stems. And, I am not even sure why they are a turn off to me. It's like women with bangs. I'm not sure why, but I never give them a second look.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
THAT is awesome. So cool. 1 hour and 23 min is stellar my friend. And I think I see the beginnings of a smile on your face in the last picture (behind the ongoing smoke cloud).

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Haha. Yes, the competition is sponsored by Kaywoodie, Bill hand finishes 52 pipes of a shape of his choosing for the competition, so we all smoke a brand new Kaywoodie. My prize pipe was a Kaywoodie Unique, a brand new line. All new Kaywoodie pipes except the Campus line have a regular push tenon with no stinger and have been that way for years now. I like the stingers, but I smoke almost exclusively Kaywoodie Super Grain pipes lately. $50 brand new and look stunning, smoke great. The competition tobacco was H&H Cerberus, with latakia, perique, and Kentucky.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Congratulations! That is certainly something to be proud of.

Nice Heisenberg shirt too. I love my Heisenberg pipes and never see them mentioned on here. I'm happy to see them represented at the contest and on the forum!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Crash - great job! I knew of your determination several years ago to be competitive at this First World game of ours, and when most of the crowd had flamed out, I noticed how much concentration you were putting into staying alive. Congratulations are well deserved - but wait till next year!
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.