Sites to Trade/Sell Tobacco (Minimum Thread Count)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Anyone know of any alternative pipe sites that have minimal thread count requirements to post ads (Trade/sell)?
The 100 count minimum here is going to take me a very long time to meet. Ebay is illegal, with tobacco at least, although folks are doing it judging by a quick search there. So not an option and it’s not a Trade option anyways.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You are 11% of the way to the post requirement.

If you made a dozen posts per day for the next week, you'd be there.

I bet you could find that much to say.

To answer your original question, there is no minimal to reply to ads, so you could reply now.

If looking to sell, you could look into consignment with someone like pipestud, especially if you are selling aged or desirable blends. Pipstud is listed amongst the site sponsor menu on the left edge of the screen.

Reactions: peregrinus

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know your situation, so I won't pontificate about it. If you have a sustained interest in pipes, pipe smoking, and pipe tobacco, you can get to 100 posts without much effort. You might learn things that would help you sell items when you reach 100 posts. The posts don't have to be long, as long as they are cogent, not just fillers. I'll leave referrals to others who know more about other sites.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Another (non-pipe) forum I am on requires 200+ posts and being a member for at least a year before you can even access the buy&sell subforum.puf

Reactions: acidpox

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
If looking to sell, you could look into consignment with someone like pipestud, especially if you are selling aged or desirable blends
I will second Steve Fallon, aka pipestud. I had a very good experience with him and recommend him. Contact him and discuss what you have to sell. He does take a percentage as commission but then he is doing the listing, handling and shipping to the buyers all of which can range from a bit of work to a real pain, even when done on eBay now that I think about it a little. He does make it easy and safe as possible for buyers and sellers.
You could also search out any pipe clubs that are in your area and make contact. Also, if you have a significant amount to unload another option is to get a vendor table at one of the pipe and tobacco shows.
Good luck.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I am surprised there aren't more bartering sites. You can look into offer up perhaps but I haven't done the research to see if it's permitted.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
This is why PMs were invented--you can do your transactions privately on forums and facebook. You're not likely to find a site that freely allows any random person to list a tobacco sale Craigslist style. Too many regulations. It's why ebay/paypal/etsy/craigslist/facebook discourage all tobacco transactions. I'm not sure how it works with consignment shops, but there are a few of them: 4Noggins, Pipestud, Pipes2smoke

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Anyone know of any alternative pipe sites that have minimal thread count requirements to post ads (Trade/sell)?
The 100 count minimum here is going to take me a very long time to meet. Ebay is illegal, with tobacco at least, although folks are doing it judging by a quick search there. So not an option and it’s not a Trade option anyways.

It's poor form to ask for other similar forum recommendations, and I don't appreciate it.

We have this rule for a reason.

Reactions: craig61a

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is why PMs were invented--you can do your transactions privately on forums and facebook. You're not likely to find a site that freely allows any random person to list a tobacco sale Craigslist style. Too many regulations. It's why ebay/paypal/etsy/craigslist/facebook discourage all tobacco transactions. I'm not sure how it works with consignment shops, but there are a few of them: 4Noggins, Pipestud, Pipes2smoke

It's against the rules to solicit people through private messages.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I will second Steve Fallon, aka pipestud. I had a very good experience with him and recommend him. Contact him and discuss what you have to sell. He does take a percentage as commission but then he is doing the listing, handling and shipping to the buyers all of which can range from a bit of work to a real pain, even when done on eBay now that I think about it a little. He does make it easy and safe as possible for buyers and sellers.
You could also search out any pipe clubs that are in your area and make contact. Also, if you have a significant amount to unload another option is to get a vendor table at one of the pipe and tobacco shows.
Good luck.

I definitely recommend Steve Fallon.

Reactions: spartacus
Jun 23, 2019
It's poor form to ask for other similar forum recommendations, and I don't appreciate it.

We have this rule for a reason.

To be fair, I feel like OP was trying to ask for an alternative to an eBay-type site, which I have to say since their recent "War on Tobacco", I too am looking for something of that sort.

But then again, I'm also trying to be a good boy and rack up some significant posts on the forum so I can post in the FS forum.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Really, 100 posts is too much? This is why we have these rules. If you don't want to be our friends and interact, and you merely want to make some money off of us, I would rather the poster to keep on moving. I will buy from a friend, but I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't even want to participate.

I didn’t say that “100 posts is too much.” Also didn’t say I didn’t want to be your friend nor not have interaction.
But I will keep on moving. Moving to contribute positively to this forum even when people like me ask dumb questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.