PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
I haven't photographed any of mine, but here's a link to one that I commissioned from Tony Fillenwarth.
http://www.fillenwarthpipes.com/G%20pipes(2011)/wax2011.htm
The link is kinda flaky. If you copy and paste the whole thing it will take you to the page.

sablebrush52

Preferred Member
Jun 15, 2013
Thank you. Tony makes a fine wax drip pipe. I've commissioned two from him. It's a lot of work and done well requires time, patience, and real skills. It's too bad Tony doesn't make them unless properly bribed. Larryson also makes really nice wax drips.

haparnold

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2018
Lexington, KY
Wax drip pipes have absolutely zero appeal to me. Although I would have said that about both the bulldog shape and craggy rustications up until about two years ago, and now I prefer them. Probably means I'll develop an obsession with wax drip pipes in a couple months. :puffy:

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
My Larrysson:

My Russ Cook:

My Walt Cannoy:

The one I convinced Chris Askwith he had to make for me!

banjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
Smoking an early Drip Wax by Radice:

Smoking a Sven Lar made by Michael Kabik :

Smoking a very early Drip Wax by Capitello called Gotica:

One I doubt very many exist by JT Cooke:

banjo

jdhayes

Jan 15, 2016
Wow! That Larrysson is a work of art. Its a sculpture that just happens to be shaped like a pipe. I know pipes should be smoked because that is its intended purpose, but I'm not sure I could smoke that or even find a tobacco worthy enough to be burned in that!

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Fish has more wax drips than I have pipes, but damn they're beautiful!
Fish, I love all of those, but that Larysson nails it................. :puffy:
I do like that one, but if I had to choose one to steal from banjo it would be the Russ Cook. That thing looks magnificent! Always making us drool banjo, keep it up! You Sir, are an inspiration! :worship:

scloyd

Preferred Member
May 23, 2018
@sable - absolutely beautiful. I love the contrasting colors. Looks like some caramel boiled over...I like the color of the stem too.
@fish - wonderful collection of wax drips. That Larrysson is amazing.
Enjoyable thread. Let's see some more.

ericusrex

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2015
I can appreciate the skill involved in pulling off the look but it ain’t my thang.

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member
Feb 27, 2013
Harris,

The heaviest of my Drip Wax Pipes would be the Larrysson since it has more Briar due to the coverage Paul does, here is a photo of it on my US Potal Scale.

banjo

A shade over 3 1/2 ozs

Status
Not open for further replies.