PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
This has probably been done before but it's time for a refresher.

I have recently been feeling pipes that are "so ugly you have to have them" but I have yet to select the perfect grotesque for my collection. I need some inspiration! Whether it is an old Caminetto with melted snickers bar rustication, a Jabba the Hutt shaped Brebbia Oom Paul, A Yanik carved Mickey Rourke head Meer, or the classic soft poo curves of a fat Sav 320, show us the ugliest pipe in your collection!

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
It started as a test briar to see what different tools would do. Long, long ago. Then one day I had to decide if it should just go in the trash. Seeing as how the briar came from American Pipes and was drilled by Tinski or one of his minions I popped a stem in it and fired it up. Now I only smoke it at night, to hide the shame of smoking an ugly pipe.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
It started as a test briar to see what different tools would do. Long, long ago. Then one day I had to decide if it should just go in the trash. Seeing as how the briar came from American Pipes and was drilled by Tinski or one of his minions I popped a stem in it and fired it up. Now I only smoke it at night, to hide the shame of smoking an ugly pipe.

View attachment 5821
damn..that is up there and maybe the winner of this UGLY contest!

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast

View attachment 5821

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska

That thing is horrifying, man.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mostly I think my pipes all have beauty and/or charm. Even my least attractive is not an eyesore, but it is a pleasantly shaped billiard, very traditional, roughed out of some wood on one of the less prosperous island nations in the Caribbean for sale in the street market. It has blade marks and a meal chamber insert made out of tin cans. Not a smoker, but an interesting artifact.

Reactions: edger

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Now I only smoke it at night, to hide the shame of smoking an ugly pipe.
Ah, well, there's no shame in smoking an ugly pipe as far as I'm concerned. I've some pretty beat up pipes that I like to smoke while walking the dogs through the woods. In that environment I really don't care what anyone I see might think. I'm more of a form follows function than a form over function type of man.

Reactions: saintpeter