PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Let's see how many of my fellow pipers own a Christian Wolfsteiner pipe (Tarok Pipes). This little guy is called Mini Wartfish and sports an all briar stem. In his lifetime, Christian made the most remarkable smoking instruments.

Jun 23, 2019
That's quite a unique looking pipe though While I admire the technicality (especially the briar stem) I can't say I love the design.

Reactions: burleyboy

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Back story: This pipe was made as an homage to one of Christian's friends and mentor, Roger Wallenstein. Roger is known for his crustaceous pipe designs and Christian wanted to take the concept to the nth degree.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
This has a very organic look... It's not my style, but it's definitely an exceptional piece of craftsmanship. Does the briar bit have any (dis)advantages in your opinion?

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
This has a very organic look... It's not my style, but it's definitely an exceptional piece of craftsmanship. Does the briar bit have any (dis)advantages in your opinion?
To be honest, I don't know. I bought the pipe on the estate market hoping it was smoked, but when I received it I found out it was not. It is exactly how Christian Wolfsteiner intended it to be when it left his bench.

Now that Christian is no longer with us, I do not have the heart to light it up...out of respect. His pipes do not come along very often, and this one will remain unsmoked while in my possession.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks for your reply! I was always wondering, why there are so few all-briar-pipes, because theoretically, I like the idea of a one-piece-pipe.

Jun 23, 2019
In an attempt to find more information on the maker I may have accidentally found the previous owner of this pipe:

I've read the page through translation and it sounds generally the same as the Pipedia entry. Sadly no new information on the maker. It seems you hold him in very high esteem, do you have more information on the maker? Some of his other pipes are both ridiculous and fascinating.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
In an attempt to find more information on the maker I may have accidentally found the previous owner of this pipe:

I've read the page through translation and it sounds generally the same as the Pipedia entry. Sadly no new information on the maker. It seems you hold him in very high esteem, do you have more information on the maker? Some of his other pipes are both ridiculous and fascinating.
You can look him up on Google by typing "Tarok Briar" or "Christian Wolfsteiner Pipes" and information comes up. His Facebook page is also still active.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019

great information. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.