PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Never cared much for that shape, or the Cavalier; but that one pipe looks pretty awesome indeed. Upside down is a poised cobra.

I think I'd be getting smoke in my eyes all the time if I tried to smoke it, though. On the other hand, I'd be able to keep constant watch on the tobacco level. ?

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Not exactly, but it has the elements...

65-ADE711-C1-FA-4464-81-C2-15-A64-A49-F627.jpg

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I would never care to own a Rameses pipe, but anybody with an eye for wood can tell it takes a lot of skill (or luck) to properly select and cut a briar block to get the desired effect.

I can't remember where, but I read a while back about the desired grain on each element of this pipe shape. It's the only shape I can think of where the graining is an integral part of the shape itself, and not just the way the block is shaped.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Ramses .. huh, I would have never guessed. It is an interesting looking piece, a bit on the odd side, but interesting non the less.

Reactions: weezell

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I found this on a bing search, :
Ramses. A second entirely original shape attributed to the legendary Bo Nordh is the Ramses. It’s hard to mistake the Ramses for any other pipe shape, but bear in mind that the Cavalier, while similar in construction in some ways, has a round tube-like shank and base, while the Ramses shank and base are wider and flatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.