New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas. I have spent yesterday, with the company of all 6 of my kids ranging from 29 to 14, and I have just been beaming with joy watching these kids all set around and bond and argue and plot with one another.

My wife gave me a new Talamona hat is from the entire family, but I think she did the picking out. Whereas I would only go for something in the bulldog or dublin family, she always likes to give me pipe shapes that aren't in the range of what I collect, ha ha. But, I enjoy the diversity her selections have added to my collection. Skip's influence is that it's a Talamno, hand made Italian pipe by Paolo Croci.

xmas2018a.jpg

And, my step-sons got together and got me a new humidor and a cigar cutter/tray set. And, I got a few new sticks to use with it and a journal to record my tobacco exploits.

xmas2018b.jpg

I hope Santa has been good to you all this year. I got enough coal to fuel my chiminea, so I am thankful that my family chipped in to make my day brighter... and didn't just give me the obligatory new tie and golf balls. Although... a new tie... :puffy:
Stay warm, spread the love, and have a Merry one... Show us your pipes, or cigar, or 'heck' just show us a picture of any old thing you might have gotten for Christmas.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Got myself this for my Christmas present. Castello, Old Sea Rock, G 75, with some interesting rustication. Looks like they were trying to make it look sandblasted by following the grain in spots. Fairly large pipe, but only weighs 45g.
fullsizeoutput_1dfa-600x358.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1dfb-600x476.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1df7-600x412.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I suffered an unanticipated and mysterious bout of PAD. I bought myself two of Wyfbane's pipes for sale, the #7, 2015 Dunhill Cumberland 5106 and the #17, Cristiano Dublin.
Not sure why, but some times, the universe demands these actions without explanation. So, Merry Christmas to me... :puffy:
jay-roger.jpg

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
My wife got me a Strambach Octo Zebra with Cumberland stem 9mm which I've been looking at for a couple years by now. Trying to decide when and what to break it in with, big decisions...

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I got my generous pipe tobacco gift from secret Santa, my wife got me a new temperature controlled humidor which I posted under another thread, my brother and his wife got me 10 lbs of king crab, and my niece and nephew pooled their money together and got me a bottle of Yellow Spot Irish whiskey.
A pretty dang good haul!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I bought myself this little Castello billiard. It's my new favorite pipe I believe.

M4ulU9Y.jpg

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Gifts
I could't figure out why my wife was getting upset with me for buying some pipes. Now I know. She didn't want me buying any like the ones she was getting me.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I've been pinning away for a pipe made by a Master carver, Ron Powell of RdPipes.

Well, Ron took pity on me...didn't want to hear or see an old man cry and moan and sit looking wistfully off in to the distance dreaming about what would make life more perfect than it is already.
He sent me a message to look in my mailbox...it was Sunday evening about 8PM. My mailbox is a couple hundred feet down a dirt road...no tellin' what is hiding in the woods ready to pounce.
So, I went down to my mailbox, flashlight in hand, open my mailbox and sure enough...there was a box in it...from Ron.
Skipped up to the house, damn near fell on my face a few times (I'm not that coordinated), hollered for my wife and puppy (Yes, she is included in everything). Opened the box and there it was...my dream come true.
I take lousy pictures and these don't do it nearly any justice but here goes.....
UIjkO3xl.jpg

XO9bvc5l.jpg

Cv95PH9l.jpg

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I'm in LOVE!!!! Yes, it smokes as good as it looks!!

I can't thank Ron enough....He also sent me over 2oz. of Stonehaven to break it in with.

Ron is lucky that he lives in Texas and not where I live...I'd be slobbering all over him in gratitude.

Ron has made my Christmas one that I'll never forget.....He's the MAN!

Jan 8, 2013
My brother in law and my sister went to Ireland a couple months ago. They brought me back a really cool pocket watch that they gave me on Thanksgiving. What they didn't tell me is that they also stopped in at Peterson of Dublin and brought me back a Clontarf XL21. I always overlook these when I'm looking at Petersons online because... well they don't look good to me in the photos I've seen. But this thing is fantastic! Some really nice grain, drilled straight. Plus it's actually my first ever bulldog. It's also the first Pete I've had that took a filter (which I won't use). I'm going to give these a much closer look from now on. I'll try and get photos up tomorrow.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Good gifts, guys. I got two tins of OpusX Robustos, two OpusX Double Coronas, two LFD DL 700, and a 4-four pack of Alec Bradley cigars.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just one pipe related gift this year, a Peterson B10 Rocky Donegal Calabash rusticated. I was worried about the rustication and didn't want the P-Lip, but it is fishtail, and the rustication is, to my eye, first rate. I'm a happy camper. I'll probably fire it up tomorrow. I like the briar Calabash shape added to my rotation.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
No pipe related gifts this year save the secret Santa exchange. I got a nice tobacco pouch, some pipe cleaners, a tin of Germains Brown Flake, and a nice tin of Christmas Cheer.
My real gift was making a nice turkey dinner for 11 family members. That moment when you sit down to the meal at the head of the table, everyone smiling, yeah it was pretty good.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
New pipe for Christmas. Generally, I prefer traditional shapes, but I really liked this one. And I really like Ib Berggreen's work, both in pipes and as the former senior designer for LEGO.
ib_berggreen00337.jpg

ib_berggreen00341.jpg

ib_berggreen00340.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.