Show Us Your Chacom Pipes! (post forum upgrade)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DrumDaddy

Lurker
Nov 11, 2021
That’s a nice looking pipe! How’s it smoke? Draft easy? I’ve not purchased another Chacom for fear they’re all drilled as narrowly as mine. I like an open draw.
I found that is smokes fine the draft is easy.
That’s a nice looking pipe! How’s it smoke? Draft easy? I’ve not purchased another Chacom for fear they’re all drilled as narrowly as mine. I like an open draw.
Glad you like the pipe- the picture really doesn’t give is justice. It really reminded me of a Birdseye Maple drum set that Drum Works made in the exotic wood series. The pipe smokes fine - the draft is decent though I did not think so at first. Draw feel like my other pipes. Still, it serves as my “go to” pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two Chacom pipes, a straight tapered smooth billiard with green stain stamped Chacom Exquise but done for Iwan Ries. Unlike some green stain, this has held up well and stayed dark green. The other is a Chacom Elite blast yacht; the chamber looks small but is fairly deep.

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
In the 1980s, our shops in Oregon sold a lot of Chacom pipes. I probably have eight Chacom pipes, and just purchased a new one today. I am visiting Anchorage for my granddaughter's wedding and got a chance this afternoon to visit the 5th Avenue Cigars. I found this nice Chacom Gran' Large among their estate pipes. The gentleman at the store explained that they had a customer who would buy pipes, smoke them once or twice and then trade them back in and buy something else. This pipe may have been smoked one time, but it is not broken in yet. I smoked it this evening for the first time and found it quite promising or a pipe that wasn't broken in yet. I have three Chacon Match pipes that are good smokers, with the exception of one undersized bent that I recently acquired from an estate auction. It too had been smoked very little and still needs to be broken in properly. I also have two Chacom basket pipes that have been favorites for 30 plus years. Those two are ones I used while fishing because I figured if I lost it overboard I haven't lost a lot of money. My opinion on that has changed somewhat, now I feel if I lost one of them overboard, I would have lost a great smoking pipe! Some things are more important than money!

I am some expensive pipes, higher end Comoys and GBDs that are great smoking pipes, but it has been my experience that Chacom pipes give me more smoking pleasure per dollar then almost any other pipe brands. When a $10 Chacom basket pipe is one of your best smoking of the 80 some odd pipes I have left, I think that speaks well of the Chacom brand!

Attachments

• 20230522_184649.jpg
    20230522_184649.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 5

bersekero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2023
Greece
Smoking my chacom after lunch as we speak. Just lighted it. My first purchase after I came back to the hobby couple of months ago. A nice medium sized straight billiard. Smokes like a charm. Takes 9mm filter. Bought from my local tobacco shop.

Attachments

• IMG_20231229_164428.jpg
    IMG_20231229_164428.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: