PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
This is a great thread. Keep posting them if you've got them.
Great pipes everyone.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
compared to some that I've been privileged to see or am aware of. There are some truly jaw dropping collections out there.

I hear you, Jesse. I have a wonderful set of pictures from a photo shoot with over 100 British pipes from the late 1800s to early 1900s. It may be one of the sets you mention above. The collection is absolutely stunning. Unbelievable really. These collections are out there. Unfortunately, I do not have permission to post pictures.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Some truly beautiful, and incredibly enviable, pipes. Threads like this always serve to remind me to get a digital camera so I can post some photos of my relatively small collection. Also reminds me that I haven't yet gone through and dated all of them, and for some of them it may be impossible to get an accurate figure. Those Barling's are spectacular, though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a great thread. npod,that Dunhill is about my favorite Dunny ever; I don't own one, but yours is about the only one i covet, really fine. sable's Barlings are delicious, but we already knew that. And the others on the thread, all grand old gents.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This might not over 100, but you showed an old blasted Barling a while back that might be my favorite example of the maker.
Dave, thank you! I'm guessing that the sandblast you're referring to is this WWII era pipe? The pictures don't begin to do it justice and I need to rephotograph it when I get time. The thing is so craggy that it looks melted.
wQ4ytf3.jpg

r83tygv.jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Beautiful pipes in this thread. I don't have a camera to photograph my pipe even if I grasped how to post pics. My only centenarian is a 1900 S&G straight bulldog with broad silver ferrule and a bone stem which I bought online over 10 years ago and it appeared barely smoked. It's a regular part of my rotation.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Sasieni Specially Selected One Dot Patent. Only made between 1919-1923, so... maybe?

v7faI8j.jpg

Sasieni One Dot Patent... same years.

q9nnevX.jpg

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Similar to one of Banjo's - unsure of the age but oh well...
IrO0xmk.jpg

Really enjoying this thread!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
This is my Salmon & Gluckstein pipe. The silver band hallmark is dated to 1896 but the pipe could have been made several years after that. In fact, I've been told by silversmiths and pipe collectors that the bands would be made and stamped in large quantities and then used for several years.
0H4zxjM.jpg

My next oldest pipe is a Dunhill from 1926. It's an "inner tube" but doesn't have the tube.

K8ROajE.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There are several pictures on here I have posted over the years of some of my collection since everything I smoke is over 100+ years old. I think Weezel or Jesse might be able to retrieve the picture and post it here if anyone is that interested

Status
Not open for further replies.