PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
So what do you have in the cellar?
Right now I only have 2 tins of GLP's Odyssey and 4 tins of Rattray's MF, but have more on the way...some Navy Flake from MacB and some Black house. Also putting in an order today, not sure what I'll get yet, but its a slow process with me since money is tight.
Anyway if you decide to participate, thank you. It makes me feel good to see what others have amassed and acts as an inspiration for my own cellar to take root and grow.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Save about $30.00 for the August Pax tobacco crawl. No more Private Stock, eh? I read that you'd discovered a negative result from perique...too bad too...I surely do know that you liked that blend.

May 4, 2015
Everything I have is open, so I don't really have a cellar. I have 15 different blends open right now that I consume at random it seems - more on the flakes than not, except in the evenings when I usually go for Nightcap. I had a big long conversation about cellaring with my brother yesterday, and I think I'm going to shift my focus from opened blends to storing a cellar out of tax paranoia. I have the money to do it now, so I'll begin cellaring Escudo, OGS, Bullseye, Nightcap, Aged Burley Flake, maybe proper English and probably 1Q. A couple pounds of each this month most likely, as well as 10 pounds or so of the rolling tobacco I use.
Open on the shelf:
Dunhill Nightcap

Dunhill Standard Mixture

Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture

GLP Gaslight

GLP Haddo's Delight

C&D Black Frigate

C&D Autumn Evening

Stokkebye Bullseye Flake

Solani Aged Burley Flake

Escudo

OGS

Drew Estate Meat Pie

Borkum Riff Whiskey

English whatever mix

Aromatic whatever mix

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Ask the ISS to take a photo, I'm sure you might be able to see Peck's from space.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Since I am approaching 77 I have decided to use the cellar I opened a five year old dunhill standard today. I will only add new blends such as wood roads when available. Shel

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Working on some new cabinets and sold the old one I was using. Here are pics from the move.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Looking good gents. I just started cellaring, I'm at about 2.5 pounds. I keep my orders small on account of duties to Canada, so it's a slow and steady process for me. There are a few blends I may order 8 or 16 0unces of but I gotta make sure I have the money to cover any fees.
My stash, on all its glory, I'd here: tobaccocellar.com/stickframer

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
A good place to keep track of your cellar is tobacco cellar. com its free to boot no matter how big or small your cellar is. peck is on it an tinner

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Great start so far...wow!...nice iaman8 and daimyo. daimyo, you get extra points for including your cute little pooch!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wait hold on seadog, you never said there were points involved?!? Are they accumulative?!?! Can we use them to buy useless little toys like tickets at the arcade?!?! You need to spell things out before you just go around giving points away all willy nilly!!

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I understand stocking up on some of your favorite blends because they may be discontinued at some point. That, or that tobacco may at some point become prohibited by "our" govt. I do understand, but at the same time I hate the reasons for the need to have to do that. It just irks the hell out of me. Aside from those two reasons, I can't think of any that would cause me to want to create a cellar. For me, pipe smoking is a pleasure I can enjoy if I feel like it. It's not a need I have to mortgage my house to be able to indulge in.

What a difference today is from just a short time ago, when our grandfather's used to indulge in the pipe. Hell, if my grandmother ever caught my grandfather with a horde of tobacco like some of you have, she would have thought he had just robbed some store, or that he had finely lost his mind. In any case, she most likely would have kicked his ass.

But it's all good I guess. Enjoy your efforts.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I think most of us are doing it because aged tobacco tastes better and buying it ages is seriously expensive. There's of course the fear of increased taxes, but for me at least it's to age it like wine. Makes a HUGE difference. It's nothing to do with hoarding.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
gRGsWhM.jpg

XnliiTw.jpg

A2YKtRN.jpg

And its twice this big now(a sickness I tell you)...

Status
Not open for further replies.