PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Here's my one and only Wally Frank. Purchased from another forum member about 9 months ago. I haven't done anything with it yet. It's been sitting in a pipe drawer since I received it.
"Wally Frank Ltd" "200" "Imported Briar"

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Long shank! Yes, indeed. Curious about the "Scotland Yard" bit. Could that be the name of the pipe? Being made in Scotland Yard raises all kinds of questions.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
As far as I understood, some of the Wally Frank pipes were actually Comoy seconds, in this case by Scotland Yard.
Up to at least the mid-50s, most of the Wally Frank pipes were made by Comoy. After that, not so much. From then on, the majority of the Wally Frank branded pipes were made by Italian, French and American manufacturers. Weber was probably the most dominant source of Wally Frank pipes from the 60s until the demise of the brand.

Your pipe was not made "in" or "by" Scotland Yard (as if such a thing were even possible). Scotland Yard was the name of a line of pipes sold by Wally Frank...

wf1941xmaspipecat07.jpg

Your pipe, however, is not from that line. It's a Long Shank (two-piece shank)...

wf1941xmaspipecat12.jpg

The seller just lifted the "Scotland Yard" bit from another erroneous eBay listing.

Sweet pipe though, enjoy it well!

Big John Shea

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2019
Up to at least the mid-50s, most of the Wally Frank pipes were made by Comoy. After that, not so much. From then on, the majority of the Wally Frank branded pipes were made by Italian, French and American manufacturers. Weber was probably the most dominant source of Wally Frank pipes from the 60s until the demise of the brand.

Your pipe was not made "in" or "by" Scotland Yard (as if such a thing were even possible). Scotland Yard was the name of a line of pipes sold by Wally Frank...

wf1941xmaspipecat07.jpg

Your pipe, however, is not from that line. It's a Long Shank (two-piece shank)...

wf1941xmaspipecat12.jpg

The seller just lifted the "Scotland Yard" bit from another erroneous eBay listing.

Sweet pipe though, enjoy it well!

Thank you!!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.