Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
savinelli-shank.jpg

savinelli-band-closeup.jpg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Hard to tell if it's a repair or not. The silver is awfully close to the "C" marking. If this is a "C2" then the band is covering the 2 and the is not original.
My gut is telling me it's not original but still a nice pipe.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
Thanks. I think you're probably right about it being a repair. I don't see any cracks so I think I will get a replacement stem for it and see how it smokes.

Oct 7, 2019
Not sure if I posted this correctly but... got this on Ebay a few months ago. Seller forwarded me an email from Savinelli saying it's an old Savi but only markings on bowl are handmade and Italy. The email referred to the Crowned Snake logo as identifying it as a very old Savinelli but it's next to perfect! I believe the seller but can't be positive. Just wondered if anyone knows anything about it. Thanks!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
So far two of my best smokers from Savinelli, Capri Root and Punto Oro 701 (seems like that older savinelli vulcanite stems are prone to oxidize, despite the fact that the stems were polished by the vendor of these estates they already started to show some symptoms of re-oxidation,and this,only after a handful of smokes ,,gotta do some buffin job in the near future I guess,

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
My first pipe was a Missouri Meerschaum Lengend 5th Avenue Bent Bit Corn Cob Pipe. The second pipe was an estate Bjarne. The third was this beautiful Savinelli: New Art Brown (144 KS) (9mm) pipe. The Bjarne smokes really well and I enjoy using it for aromatics, but wanted something new - an actual brand new pipe all of my very own. Many people highly recommended Savinelli, so that was the focus of my search. It took quite a lot of browsing to decide on a specific Savinelli model and series combination. I discovered the New Art Brown series while browsing the Vintage page of the Savinelli.it web site and then found a few for sale at various online sites. The contrasting sideways wood grain of this particular pipe really caught my eye and I knew this was the pipe for me. I also like the patterned bit and the there is some nice birds-eye on the front side of the bowl due to the orientation of the grain. The pipe smokes fantastically. I am very happy with it and am sure that I will likely add another Savinelli pipe to my collection some time in the future!

002-033-43739.9635.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra and shanez

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
This gorgeous Autograph with bamboo that I won for $64.33 just showed up in my mailbox! It's in fantastic shape, just needs sanitized and it's good to go. I can't believe some of the regular Sav's I get outbid on and go for more than they really should be ones like this get overlooked. (These are the seller's pics.)

RadioPiper

Lurker
Nov 7, 2019
Saugerties, NY
Just got my Savinelli Fantasia pipe in today. Home today with the boy for a "snow day," so I'll take this one for a test drive this afternoon. Still trying to figure out how school closed for less than a half inch of snow!

Reactions: wordheavy and Spa32
Status
Not open for further replies.