PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So I measured the tenon and mortise. The Tenon is 3/8ths and the mortis is 9/8ths. So exactly 3 times the size leaving a 6/8ths inch gap.
Does anyone know the length of a 9mm filter or have one they can measure? I assume it's longer than 6/8ths of an inch but I could be wrong.
If I had bought this pipe from smokingpipes.com I would have returned it but since it's from Ireland I don't want to have to bother and I'll just take extra care to clean the gap.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
If I had bought this pipe from smokingpipes.com I would have returned it but since it's from Ireland I don't want to have to bother and I'll just take extra care to clean the gap.
It's no bother.
Contact Yiorgos Manesis at James Fox/PipeDivan.com -- tell him I sent you -- and he will accept your pipe return: no questions asked.... such that it gets you off this thread: info@pipedivan.com
Stop trying to compare yourself to a 9mm filter... size doesn't matter.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Late to the party, vis a vis -- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes four-pipe series, circa 2011 -- I managed to find a couple of them in my preferred configuration. That would be 9mm, Peterson-lip. I came across information on this Pete line through Jim Lilley's blog (the venerable Sandpiper):

http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2011/08/adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-4-pipe.html
These unsmoked beauties are around, by visiting the dark eBay... interior EU environs, where shipping out to the US requires a request and a browser that translates to English. So ask nicely; PayPal is the language.
Trying not to be a bull/asshole/Trump in the china shop/NATO works well here.

https://youtu.be/ecTuW_KU7YE

===

I have recently acquired two Adventures. The Sherlock Holmes Sylvius and Moran (top & bottom, respectively). Both names familiar to those with a knowledge of the works of Arthur Conan Doyle... or access to The Google.
Great choice and use of the grain here by the folks at Peterson.

Reactions: Papasmurf92

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Some fine SH's there snowy. Am a fan of the SH line, though own only 1. Think the SH shapes are about the best out there.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
[NORTH AMERICAN] PETERSON HUNTERS ALERT...

Cruising around the interweb on this Friday evening, I grabbed a B61 Pete with a p-lip, that also takes a 9mm filter! Vulcanite stem and Sterling Silver, to boot... showing its heritage.

It was one of two available at SmokingPipes.com. A bit of an older shape: a unique shape to any Pete collector, I think. Did I mention it's a Peterson-lip job?!
And there's another one. A nice get at a hundred bucks!

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=239112
While I was there, added a few of the last tins of Brebbia Latakia Flake No.9.... containing that late-great Syrian Latakia.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
What in the world is a System Pipe, 364? Is that a shape? A size? A grading? I am having very little luck finding much on it.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
364 in old days was 3 rd quality.The same bowl today is 314 in Standard and premier quality.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
peterson_4poy_01-589x600.jpg

peterson_4poy_05-370x600.jpg

peterson_4poy_03-600x452.jpg

peterson_4poy_04-600x414.jpg

Peterson's 2017 Pipe of the Year in smooth, rustic, sandblast & a special amber stem spigot edition.

kwilliams40

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
NY
PSOI 2017 Pipe of the Year. Naked sandblasted XL90. (How can I post pictures directly from my phone?)

Jan 8, 2013
(How can I post pictures directly from my phone?)
Try posting them to Imgur or another hosting sight, but not Photobucket. And then you hit the IMG on the reply window here, post the URL of the Image.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I'm a huge Peterson fan, I have 60 or so of them, here are the highlights.
34xjhqq.jpg

My Hinged Lids. I've added 2 since this photo.
1znoh9y.jpg

My Twain set. I just completed the bent set with a rusticated one. (not pictured)
fc65hk.jpg

My green Twain set. 1 of 3 sets made.
hva3yp.jpg

Silver Capped House Pipe
2wr2ck7.jpg

2017 POSI group pipe
ezh9js.jpg

Racing Green Silver Spigot
I have several silver spigots, but no pictures.
I also just acquired one of Jim Lilley's Hinged Lid pipes.