Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nevaditude

Can't Leave
Apr 5, 2022
Northern Nevada
Ok… there are some more pipes for later, but THIS is the one that I don’t think I will EVER find again, so…
I got it ! 😝
A Peterson ‘Kapmeer’ 106. Notice the MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN stamp. I asked Mark Irwin at the Pete Meet ‘Swap & Shop’ he held Saturday afternoon @ the show. He said it is a genuine Irish ☘️ Pete made in the London Shop of K&P. He explained how Paddy Larrigan came up with the idea of a tube like piece of meerschaum to line pipe walls yet have briar at the bottom. This allow things to dry out more easily as that can be a problem with some meerschaum pipes.
So, not only did I score a great pipe, but I got the inside scoop from ‘the guy who wrote the book 📕’ as the old saying goes! puffy
IMG_6670.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpegIMG_6693.jpegIMG_6695.jpegIMG_6692.jpeg

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
Ok… there are some more pipes for later, but THIS is the one that I don’t think I will EVER find again, so…
I got it ! 😝
A Peterson ‘Kapmeer’ 106. Notice the MADE IN GREAT BRITAIN stamp. I asked Mark Irwin at the Pete Meet ‘Swap & Shop’ he held Saturday afternoon @ the show. He said it is a genuine Irish ☘️ Pete made in the London Shop of K&P. He explained how Paddy Larrigan came up with the idea of a tube like piece of meerschaum to line pipe walls yet have briar at the bottom. This allow things to dry out more easily as that can be a problem with some meerschaum pipes.
So, not only did I score a great pipe, but I got the inside scoop from ‘the guy who wrote the book 📕’ as the old saying goes! puffy
View attachment 304546

View attachment 304547View attachment 304548View attachment 304549View attachment 304550
Really cool, nice catch!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I own three Mark Twains from the 80's but really wanted the 2022 POY as I had read that this was much closer to what Twain had smoked. It's a great looking pipe.
Here are my Twain lookalikes, based on all the photos I was able to find of him smoking a pipe. At some point I'll replace the middle 'Mark Twain' with the 2022 POTY.

idyk0zD.jpeg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I got it ! 😝
View attachment 304546

View attachment 304547View attachment 304548View attachment 304549View attachment 304550
Nice pipe. I have the 69-71 Kapmeer 999 Rocky Donegal. It seems to have a similar stem to shank fit. Its a great pipe but I find meerschaum to be a hot smoke. I know everyone says its cooler but I haven't found that. Must be me. 🤷‍♂️