PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Okay I guess I will start this thread off:
First up, an unknown carver Skull Churchwarden on the left, and a Kudret Eagle Churchwarden on the right.

2u4634p.jpg

Next, a R. Karaca carved dragon and egg on the left, and an unknown carver Cavalier(?) on the right.

vd31w8.jpg

Next, a Storient PM2012 on the left, and a Carved Billiard on the right..

116m911.jpg

And my latest acquisition an Unknown carver Estate Lattice Meer.. (Traded with Eaglerico for my Savinelli Goliath)

oho2f7.jpg

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Storient PM 2012.I had him carve MOD on one side of the shank. I figured it was fitting since it is a PM pipe and I'm a Mod here.

A mini meer I got with my Storient pipe

An awesome meer I got off ebay.

Just a plain meer.

My Kirsten with a meer bowl.

Reactions: Laurent

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Some nice meers in this group. I own 3, but only have pics of two:
A Sommer Meer from France, came with its original Ostrich leather case. Very small bowl - really only good for a 15 min smoke - even though the length is over 6". But has a genuine amber stem.
meer-profile.jpg

This is my Peterson Meer. Snagged this one off of ebay for a mere (pun intended) $25 bucks!
pete-meer2-600x442.jpg

My other is a Kilimanjaro. An oldie but a goodie.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks six, yeah the #11 has a beautiful sunset glow happening on the rim. Now the Meerqueen I have been smoking more lately than any of my pipes and it is really coming along nicely. Much thinner walls are letting the color come out quick. I'll get a picture of it up soon.
Even though I only have two meers I'm hopelessly in love. Can't wait to add another to the rotation.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Here are mine. I have 2 Calabash style meers, one is a no name small, but is a great little smoker, great for sampling tobacco. The other is a vintage Bauer. There is also a little pressed meer lion that someone gave me as a gift. Two figural heads. The one on the left I bought cheap off a guy just loved the very nice carve. The one on the right was a Christmas present from my dad and it was unsmoked when I got it. It is a fun little smoke. The African Meer at the bottom I bought at the Briary in Birmingham. It is a Pioneer. Lastly and the center of my pipe collection is my very large Lion Churchwarden. It is a massive pipe. And yes I have smoked it!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
If we are counting calabashes, let me add these:
This one is actually quite small, the picture is just really close. It says Enberg on the shank, which the seller told me was the name of the original owner.

I got this one off ebay, it's my favorite of the two:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats smokeybear. Meers are cool. Every piper should strive to own at least one fancy or not. I hope you have many enjoyable smokes and watching it color as you go.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I'd love to show off my meer, it was a gift from my grand-aunt. The problem is it grew legs about 30 years ago, and I haven't seen it since. (I think the baby sitter had eyes for it) I'm starting to think about replacing it now.