PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Cell fone pics of my edc's...one at a time, of course. Both have a pocket clip. I one hand open the 'mid fold hunter' on top just a bit easier, so I use it the most. these pics are now several years old, and the blade on the MFHunter is not as pristine now... but still sharp. One day, I might take some good pictures.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Cell fone pics of my edc's...one at a time, of course. Both have a pocket clip. I one hand open the 'mid fold hunter' on top just a bit easier, so I use it the most. these pics are now several years old, and the blade on the MFHunter is not as pristine now... but still sharp. One day, I might take some good pictures.

View attachment 2088
Case XX Bone.Very Nice.?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Victorinox , one in my left pocket,one in my right pocket(money clip), and one on my key chain. Every day with out fail...

Reactions: burleyboy

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Robert Klaas Kissing Crane Wood Handles .Germany.
s2FcqJz.jpg

Reactions: burleyboy
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm surprised to see no carbon blades, and so many high-tech knives. Here are a few pics of my favorite pocket knife, an Opinel carbon steel folder. Opinels are inexpensive, very light weight, and well-made. The light weight is the kicker for me - I hate carrying things in my pockets, and you can't even tell the Opinel is there. I also prefer carbon steel, as it sharpens more easily than stainless, and develops a nice patina over time. The only shortcoming compared to stainless is that carbon steel can and will rust if neglected. However, overall, I think carbon is way better. As an additional bonus, Opinels are made in France, where they are practically a national tradition. To my taste, made in Europe is almost as good, and sometimes better, than made in America.

vs9Ex0i.jpg

DidwDIX.jpg

Vgd4PbP.jpg

And for full disclosure, this stainless steel Kershaw is an awesome knife, and it's usually what I take with me in the field when I'm canoeing, fishing, or what have you. It's just a great utilitarian tool, and made of very good steel. It's easier to sharpen than most stainless steels. The model is called the "Leek." Highly recommended. I've even bought them as gifts.

IT74WrY.jpg

EDIT: Also pictured above, a Feuerhand kerosene lantern made in Germany. They are very nice lanterns, though the brand Dietz is almost as well-made and much less expensive. I keep a few of these laterns on hand filled with liquid parafin for power outages. I also use some cheaper kerosene lanterns on my backyard patio as lighting since I don't have any electric lights out there.
Yep, Oplinels are great , must get one for myself ,

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
some time ago,I had me a beautiful Italian Frank' brand Stiletto with bone inlays on the handle, stupidily enough I sold it for 100 euros never would I get another similar but howeverit has one downside to it,very heavyweight it was , blade was sharpened on both sides which was quite a nice feature if you ask me ,

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Some old ones. The first two were my dads and possibly his dads too. They’re pretty old.

Third one I received when I graduated from high school.

The fourth was my grandfather’s

They bring back memories. I still remember my dad using #2 to do everything from cutting summer sausage and colby cheese as we stood around the grill to digging a splinter out of my finger when I was just a youngster.

Much like a pipe. A good knife is a personal item that connects you with the previous owner.

Top: Keen Kutter 713
2nd: Case xx 318H
3rd: Case xx ss 6225 1/2
4th: Case xx 3252247

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
some time ago,I had me a beautiful Italian Frank' brand Stiletto with bone inlays on the handle, stupidily enough I sold it for 100 euros never would I get another similar but howeverit has one downside to it,very heavyweight it was , blade was sharpened on both sides which was quite a nice feature if you ask me ,

Would love to have a Stiletto, too. Ridiculously, they are forbidden to own in Germany, while knives like Spyderco, or the MCUSTA, I posted above, are allowed to own, but illegal to carry. Most time, when I'm out of the house, I carry a Swiss knife.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Wow, I don't want to even begin to imagine the fuss they'd make over a Kris.

Allowed to own here, but as they have blades, sharpened on both sides and exceed a particular length, they are illegal to carry. Most rediculous thing is, that you’d lose your hunter’s license, if they catch you carrying such a ‘dangerous weapon’ in public.

The point about stilettos is, that they just decided to put this category of knife in the “forbidden” category. Nobody knows why.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Allowed to own here, but as they have blades, sharpened on both sides and exceed a particular length, they are illegal to carry. Most rediculous thing is, that you’d lose your hunter’s license, if they catch you carrying such a ‘dangerous weapon’ in public.

The point about stilettos is, that they just decided to put this category of knife in the “forbidden” category. Nobody knows why.
whereas here ,if one were stopped and a personal search was executed, resulting in a stiletto. the law enforcement would confiscate it issuing public order offender' a simple $ 70 fine

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
While not my most expensive knife, this Spyderco Dragonfly 2 spends the most time in my pocket. It is such a well designed knife. Small, but so comfortable in the hand.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I'm not surprised Stilettos are a special category, they look scarry. And if a knife is sharpened on both sides, it's a dagger, not just a knife. Why would one need a dagger, specially in public? ?
I was going to express some negative opinion about the men of the law but one guy had written on public facebook page that policemen were clowns and had gotten a fine so ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.