PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019

I rotate between a few but this Buck is one of my go to knives. Hard to find an S30V blade at this price point. Hard to sharpen, but really holds an edge.

Reactions: Marindas

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I used to carry this baby (not my pic), but was getting looks every time I used it.
To me ATS-34/154CM is the best knife steel. Easy to sharpen and not bad edge retention.
The SOG's "interpretation" of AXIS wasn't too bad either.

Reactions: Marindas

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I found this Ka-Bar folder at Cabela's many years ago. It's ugly and effective, like the owner.

My original Leatherman.

This beast I had commissioned. Constructed from a railroad spike with a stacked leather handle. Kind of a "ceremonial"/social piece. The pointy end is single edged and 5.5", legal in most jurisdictions. The opposite end is a huge chunk-o-steel, capable of making necessary cranial adjustments.

Reactions: redglow
M

Marindas

Same here! Broken down to the essential, collectible pipes and knives are the same: Well executed, usable pieces of craftmanship, which do, if well cared for, practically last forever.

Great knives in this thread!

View attachment 431

Love Mcusta knives, they have beautiful pattern welded blades. A few years ago I bought my wife one for Mother's Day.

Reactions: burleyboy

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Kershaw Ken Onion Design/USA
943dlVD.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
No, the brand is Müllner. "Taschenmesser" is just a German word for "pocket knife", I thought it sounded cool, specially when you imagine a hard, merciless pronouncing and then a small pocket knife shows up. :D
Well you were right, that DOES sound cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.