PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Wow awsome pipes guys, I can't wait to purchase my first Dunhill pipe

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I thought I'd add my latest Dunhill, a birth year '62 shell blast. This pipe came to me in excellent shape and is a superb smoker. I am now the (very) pleased owner of 3 Dunhills.
dunhill62-1.jpg

dunhill62-4.jpg

dunhill62-3.jpg

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
Here is one of my early antique store finds. I found this patent Dunhill and paid about 5 bucks for it. I really lucked out that day.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I only own this one Dunhill. It is my birthyear 1968 Shell Briar straight billiard I bought on here from Samcoffeman and it is the best smoking pipe I own.
68-dunhill-450x600.jpg

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Yes sir Sam I am enjoying it very much. It is my only Dunhill at the moment but I have a pipe commissioned from Lonestar and as soon as I get it and get it paid for I plan on adding some more Dunhills. Truly has become my best smoker and one of my favorite pipes.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I'm down to two.
xhq0.jpg

iclt.jpg

Both 1968.
They're fine, but after going through 12 or 13, I never found the magic that so many of you do, so I kept the birth years and sold off the rest.

Reactions: Uguccione

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Forgot to add my latest Dunhills I picked up last year. First is a 1995 Cumberland 4111 Lovat.

1962 Shell #40 Lovat - This one is an incredible smoker. Amplifies the flavor of English blends perfectly.

1991 Bruyere 4109

2001 Chestnut 3109

This pipe was my first restoration of an estate pipe.

May 18, 2011
Lakeland, FL
When I got home from the Raleigh pipe show I found a box of a dozen old pipes I had bought from Irish. In it was one pipe so dirty and oxidized I could read nothing on the pipe or the stem. Playing with a little fine sandpaper I started to remove the heavy oxidation from the stem and found a white dot! Viola! I had an old Dunhill.

I got it cleaned up, loaded it with Sutliff's Blend No. 5, and it is a nice little smoker.
I wished I had taken a BEFORE photo of it because it's just unbelievable how well it turned out. The nomenclature is thin, but with a jeweler's loupe I can read enough of the nomenclature to date this one to 1931.
It's rough around the bowl rim but good otherwise ... a lucky find!

Reactions: Kyle