PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Looks great Kash, and Jonathan looks like he's concentrating on something.
Peck, if we ever have kids, and my wife finds anything like a lego advent calendar, she'll be making sure she brings home one for me too. Otherwise I'd be making spaceships with the kid's lego once s/he gets off to bed.
-- Pat

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
tree1-448x600.jpg

Our tree. My girlfriend is from Texas (where I was stationed) so our Christmas' have been western themed.
Pruss, I do that with my kid's Legos as well. I grew up playing with them (my all-time favorite toy as a kid). I built this Dalek last week when my kid was at school.
dalek-447x600.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice lookin' tree Commander.
On a, slightly, divergent thread... Has anyone else noted the move away from coloured lights on Christmas trees and a wider adoption of just white lights? I have always been a fan of twinkling lights in different colours, and the different moods created by a lit tree in a dark room.
So, for those of you who haven't yet posted your tree, which way do you go? For those of you who already have, what made you choose to go colourful or white with your lights?
-- Pat

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've always hated the colored lights. Like many things, they are fine for other people, I just don't like them in my house. The lights in my tree do twinkle and such, just white.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
For those of you who already have, what made you choose to go colourful or white with your lights?
I used the big, old fashioned colored bulbs (red & green). I associate the large colored bulbs with my childhood. Plus they are also for me, reminiscent of the 1940s - a time period I am fond of.
I'll admit, back in the 90s, I was all about pure white lights - no color. Now I've done a 180 - go figure. :puffy:

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Well, since I have an aluminum tree (goes with my Falcon's) The colors are always changing between Red, Green, Gold, and Blue from the Color Wheel...
aluminum-christmas-tree-colorwheel.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm glad I don't have pets to mess with my tree, but I have a 2 y/o little girl that likes to pick the low hanging decorations. How do you prevent this? Electric fence? Shock collar? Bare bottom half?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The search for the perfect tree began again today. We've been to a tree farm in WV and PA but no winners. Today we visited three tree farms in our neighboring county.
Farm #1, full of optimism. It rained 5" here yesteday, so it was quite muddy. Two hours of searching and three pipes, no dice.

Farm #2 - near Washington, big mistake, there must have been 1000 people there and no trees over 4' tall.
Farm #3 - Success, after only 15 minutes, I didn't even have time to pack and light my pipe. We celebrated with a bottle of wind and sandwiches at a local pub.

Tomorrow, the decorating begins.....

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
No tree pic from here this year but those are some fine looking trees!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.