PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Very nice guys. It's not a picture of am Xmas but here is one of my cat guarding one of our Xmas decorations.
IMG_008_zps051f20c0.jpg
[/url][/img]

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great pix Peck! The young man looks pretty content.
Ah Christmas, the time of the season where my wife goes, well, nuts. We've spend the last two weekends putting lights out (I have to restrain here here...) which includes out back patio and shed. She starts playing Christmas music on the first of November. The other day, at Boswells, the Charlie Brown theme was playing and I exclaimed I was sick of that song. The guys all asked why, as it was a great tune. I said it was, but hearing it in October it gets old fast...
The Christmas tree, well, that's an adventure in patience. We typically spend 4-5 hours searching for the right fresh tree to cut down. We've already spend two hours at a local farm but no likely suspects. So, next weekend, off to another one, about 90 minutes from the house. Hopefully that giant place in PA yields a winner. We've bought trees, brought it home and then promptly threw it back out side for the fire pit, so I can never rule out finding the right tree on the first go-around.
Then begins two days of putting down the train platform, village and decorating the tree. She usually picks a tree about 40% too large for our family room, I'm sure this year will be no different.
We have a 1 year old cat who loves to climb, so this should be real interesting.
In her defense, her childhood Christmas' were full of problems due to two alcoholic parents.
I'll snap some pix and post as this develops. The upside is for the tree shopping, I can smoke my pipe at will.

Dec 24, 2012
Man, I don't think I would step a foot in the door with that vicious looking cat guarding everything. Looks regal though.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Cutting down a perfectly good tree for my vanity, then discarding it a month later, is against my beliefs. Oh, wait a minute, I don't have any beliefs :nana:

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Looking at Kevin's tree got me thinking that I've seen that somewhere before... No, not Charlie Brown... Somewhere else.
Today, it hit me.. Kevin is channeling Jack Webb!
dragnet+opening.png

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I can't believe you guys already have your trees up!

I am always amazed that people start saying Merry Christmas earlier and earlier each year...

Tonight I was at a function, and someone wished me a Merry Christmas... not even December yet!

Good for you though, those who got an early start...
Shutterbug

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
It's a plot.
I work for a retail chain. If we get you guys thinking about Christmas in October then we extend the holiday shopping period...
Conspiracy theories aside, my wife and I love the Christmas season, and can't wait to decorate the house.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My daughters birthday is at the end of November so we wait for those festivities to be over before we start on the Christmas decorations. So its off to get the tree and decorations this afternoon.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Mine should be up some time this week, and I'll post pics.
Peck, those picture are so good, they almost don't look real! You have a beautiful home by the way, and a great lookin kid. Oh, when are we gonna get to see a pic of your WHOLE pipe collection?
Kevin, it must have taken all day to decorate that tree, very nice!
Kcghost, that cat looks evil as hell! Lol!
Nice trees guys!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
All nice trees.
Kevin, I especially like yours.
Not sure when we'll be putting up a tree and decorations. My fiance usually doesn't decorate until a week or two before Christmas.

Dec 24, 2012
Peck, those picture are so good, they almost don't look real! You have a beautiful home by the way, and a great lookin kid. Oh, when are we gonna get to see a pic of your WHOLE pipe collection?
Credit the wife for that. She is a photographer and even her casual pictures, like these where she doesn't use studio lighting and just snaps, look way better than anything I could possibly muster. She says, though, that it is 95% the camera.
Pat, love the tree and the train.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Nice pictures, everyone. Keep 'em coming!
Peck, that train is our advent calendar. Problem is our retriever, Maia, isn't as well behaved as your two look like they might be. So our train is floating without chocolate.
-- Pat

Dec 24, 2012
Great stuff.
Pat, my wife picked up my kids a lego advent calendar. Each day you pop a door open and you get a bunch of lego pieces that build a character. Each day you also get some extra pieces. When all the days are done, the extra pieces you got each day build something. I have to say, I thought it was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.