PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I love the bulldog and Rhodesian shapes and have 6 of them. But find it is their design nature generally to have too small of a chamber to satisfy my current preferences with the exception of Peterson's squire. That is 1 of the larger factory bulldogs on the market and certainly my favorite of that grouping.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Out of my entire pipe collection I only own 1.

It's a Molina Barasso unfinished sandblasted, which was very very light in color as produced; however, Wifey applied some of her alcohol-based dyes to it - one darker than the other - and it really made the texture of the pipe pop.
Molina_Rhodesian.jpg

What's even cooler is that over time with the heat of the bowl, the shades of the dyes get more defined in the difference of their color. It was easy for her to do by applying the alcohol dyes with an artist's paint brush and Q-Tip; then, she lit the pipe on fire for a few seconds to evaporate the alcohol carrier and help set the dye into the wood.

We did 4 different models of this series of pipes in all; and, they all turned out in a way we were both very pleased with. Also, Wifey really enjoyed using her art/crafting skills to share in my pipe smoking hobby. - Sherm Natman

Reactions: MCJ and OzPiper