Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Wonderful pipes all. Damn I'm so jealous. I have one BBB probably from the 50s or 60s. Just plain ole billiard but it smokes great!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Londonmake, those are some real beauties, American-made rather than British, but beauties and worthy pipes in their own right.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
Another American-made BBB: 1915-192(?) BBB Umbria...
Q30bGOS.jpg

I'm currently waiting on the arrival of an 1889 Louis Blumfeld meerschaum pipe as well. It should be somewhere over the Atlantic now.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
[/quote]Londonmake, those are some real beauties, American-made rather than British, but beauties and worthy pipes in their own right.
This is actually new news to me that the colored diamond pipes are american made---i had previously thought they were earlier pieces before use of the metal initials BBB in a rhombus.

Is there any other documentation out there concerning this and if so, is there any info on what the different diamond colors meant? {Ivory, green, red with metal trim].

I was looking for some info on pipedia but found nothing specific.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ted Vig

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
Here's another new acquisition. It's very clunky to put in a support so you have to keep it in your mouth or hand. But it smokes well and tastes fine. And it is also in the 1911 catalog. If you don't know, these are called a Cavalier.
1900 Hallmark. The mouthpiece and bottom cover are horn with threads for bone screws projecting from the wood cylinder. The major problem in cleaning it after smoking is that some droplets accumulate in the bottom cover.
image.jpg

Mark

Reactions: Ted Vig

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
My pipe pales in comparison to others in this thread but I really like it. It came to me accidentally and cheaply from a Germany ebay bid. Upon arrival I've identified the hallmarks as being from 1899. The pipe looked sort of dead and sad when I got it and is still in need of restoration, but a bit of smoking and handling seems to have brought it back to life. I think this pipe hadn't been smoked in a long time and the seller doesn't know where it came from or anything else.

In 1899 Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch were robbing trains in the American west. The English and Boers were fighting the Boer war in South Africa. McKinley was president of the United States and Teddy Roosevelt was the new governor of New York. The Philippine-American War was being fought.

Without further ado: 1899 Own Make

dsc_4794-600x324.jpg

dsc_4745-600x510.jpg

dsc_4749-600x461.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Been a while since I checked out this thread. Dave, those are great pipes! Aren't many post-1920s hallmarked BBB's out there, and that's ^^^ a great one.
I added another BBB to the collection a few months back. This one has an amber "Glokar" stem. The Glokar was BBB's version of the P-lip, except instead of a round hole, it has a little, rectangular slot. Glokar stems aren't common, but I wouldn't call them rare, either. However, I've only ever seen one or two other Glokar stems in amber. And this one has only been smoked once or twice, if that.
34pafTt.jpg

PsiUm4K.jpg

jLiImyw.jpg

334px-BBB_1912_Catalog_pg107_Glokar.jpg