PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
About ten years ago I was given a Meershaum pipe from a friend in the industry. It is a beautifully carved CAO Scottish Highlander Head fully carved beard and plume. It has been tucked away for years now and I have never had the heart to light it up. I'm one of those people that wish a meer could stay white. Back then I hadn't really discovered the magic of Meer's it was a novalty item. Now I have several and love them all. In fact I would venture to say that if I could only smoke a meer that would be ok. So what do you guys think, smoke it or leave it as a collectors item for my kids?
Cheers,
Piperl12

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Your kids will value it more if it is something you used rather than something that was just stuck in a closet. Having said that the collector value will be higher if you keep it pristine.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Ok well the decision was unanimous or however the heck you spell that lol I have taken some unsmoked pics of it and i will enjoy a bowl tonight sitting in my smoking chair and report back how it went. Now just to figure out what I should smoke in it. I have a 20 year old block of pirate kake maybe I should marry them up?

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to post pictures from the albums? I was going to post a pic of the pipe before I smoke it but can't figure out how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.