PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I'm leaning towards "no"...
I have the highest grade in the class by 21.3 points, I have a pipe to smoke, comic books to read, and I just got the WWE wrestling channel.
Thoughts?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Your senior year of middle school is very, very important. It sets the tone and pace for the rest of your secondary school career. Don't blow it off. There will be time for sex and drugs and ant-social behavior once you are in college.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Balance, life is all about balance. The homework isn't about beating out your classmates, it sounds like you've

done that. It's about gaining an edge later, so you can claim the most out of your career and have the confidence

to advance even when you get even with others who had your success in school and you aren't the star anymore.

On the other hand, you don't want to hammer yourself into drudgery. You have to retain your ability to savor and

enjoy. This is a balancing act the rest of your life.

Jan 8, 2013
Ill be the evil voice I suppose... smoke, read comics, watch whatever you want. Your leading the class, a night off never killed anyone...
...just dont do it every night.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I didn't compare myself with the other students. I tried to maximize my education. Ok, I was in my late 40's when I finished my MBA. I needed it to advance in my career.
The last time I was in college, I was dating my now wife of 20+ years. I was not quite as intense in the studies.
One night won't blow the class. Enjoy
Winton

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I say yes. Do it. I'm on my 15 year old every day, and I don't let him do a thing until he shows me what his assignments are for the day, and then he shows me them completed. If I don't stay on him, he slacks off, which is a habit I hope he'll break soon. I advise you finish your homework, then smoke your pipe as a reward. Good to practice good habits, and when you enter high school, and later college, those habits will follow.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
There will be time for sex and drugs and ant-social behavior once you are in college.
You won't get into college if you don't do your homework, and who wants to miss out those experiences? Smoke while you study.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
I have the highest grade in the class by 21.3 points, I have a pipe to smoke, comic books to read, and I just got the WWE wrestling channel.
That is absolutely lovely, but what class is it, a lot of classes can make really random turns and poof your failing. I did that in Calculus II I killed it during integration and series, but I slacked in parametrics and then I had to work my ass of to get back to where I was.

~Ron

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
There is literally nothing better than smoking a pipe while doing your work ... except maybe relaxing while smoking your pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One nagging parent is bad enough, but a whole Forums membership ... priceless.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am in the same boat. Not only am I an educator at our local community college, I am furthering my degree in Health Informatics. I have a hard time getting to my homework as well. :D So here I go back to my 30 + page paper I am writing for a business proposal for a imaginitive private practice to buy a Electronic Health Records system from my imaginitive business.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm on my 15 year old every day, and I don't let him do a thing until he shows me what his assignments are for the day, and then he shows me them completed. If I don't stay on him, he slacks off, which is a habit I hope he'll break soon.
This. My ten year old is the same way. Once 4 PM hits he can't do anything but eat dinner till the homework is done and done right.
Fading. I just have a high school diploma.
Uni. I just grabbed Locke and Key Volume 6, but my wife stole it to read it first.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Nah you'll be okay. I never did it at school and I did fine. You could always smoke while doing it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.