PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i just ordered 2oz of tobacco from Cup O Joes and selected the US delivery and it was 8.95. you have gota be kidding me thats almost double the price of the tobacco. is this common i never send away for tobacco and unless this is worth it i highly doubt i will again.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
fshu2, I'm not trying to defend the vendor but the business I manage ships web orders and that's about the average delivery cost for residential deliveries. Your funds may not allow for a larger order but the more you order from some vendors either reduces total shipping cost (averaged out for each item) or is free.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I have started to buy tobacco online myself, so I look for places that offer free postage. Most tobacconists offer free postage over a certain amount (here in the UK that is usually on orders over £100, some are £150) but I realise that by buying in bulk you definitely save money in the long run, even if it seems a lot all in one go.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Like Manytrees, I'm a Sterling customer also, a most satisfied one I must add. Jack Peterson does business the old fashioned way. He pleases his customers and treats them fairly.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
fshu, it's not easy to sample via the mail order shops; that's just the way it is. Manytrees is right about Jack Sterling's tobacco--he's a great honest seller who charges the minimal amount of shipping, and I'm smoking one of his blends right now, the Boston Whaler (if you like a mild and very flavorful aro, this is a great one to try). Otherwise you're best off saving up for an order around $100 and then you'll likely save some shipping (though not from cupojoes). If you don't have a decent B&M shop nearby you could make a leap of faith, ordering tobaccos that get good reviews / descriptions that sound like your taste preferences, and if they don't work out for you you can always offer some in trade--there's a section of the forums dedicated to this.

Hope this helps some!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Ditto the comments on Sterling Tobacco. I have enjoyed the tobacco from there.
http://www.sterlingtobaccoco.com/sterling.html
Here is the site if you want to check them out.
Winton

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Since virtually NO ONE ships free to AK or HI...I am stepping up to remind you that if you make your purchase of $99 or more at 4 noggins the shipping cost for Priority Mail is ZERO..including AK and HI....This is unheard of and unprecedented......If I sound supportive of these folks it's because I am....no other 'etailer does this....( I have no financial connections with these folks....I am simply a most happy customer.)..... :D

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I too have to post my satisfaction with Jack Sterling. I got some of his excellent Royal English Dock for only 4 bucks for two ounces, shipped! It was some sort of early release deal. He just sent it out, with an invoice. It felt amazing to have a vendor just trust that I would pay.

I put a check in the mail immediately, of course, because great service doesn't deserve to be kept waiting.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Cupo'joes is a valued advertiser of this site(don't want to piss in kevins corn flakes). And with that being said....
It not required to pack the tins in boxes, as most of us have received our Sutliff samples.
I've orderd through pipes and cigars; and I don't remember the postage being offensive.
...I've got my sterling order allready filled out, just waiting for the money.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i love the selection from cup o joes but i was just awestruck by the price. if i enjoy it will be worth it.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
I've only fairly recently started ordering tobaccos that weren't available in the grocery stores and pharmacies. (yeah lame I know but it's all there was here.)

I've placed orders with pipesandcigars, and Justforhim so far. I've not been unhappy with the shipping as I've been dealing with shipping on ebay for years. Shipping sucks no matter what is going on. LOL.

CupofJoes has several items I'm wanting to purchase including a new pipe of lower cost.. so I'm waiting to build that %100+ order. ( that should please them and Kevin. :twisted: )

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Winton, thank you for the John Sterling link. It is one I was unaware of.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I think it's very simple - you need to save up until you order a larger amount of tobacco. It takes time and money for a business to send product via USPS, even if you think it's a minimal effort. I typically pay double that on my orders to Canada, and I couldn't be more satisfied. You are lucky to have the option of free shipping; just wait awhile until you have enough money to surpass the required amount.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I think it's very simple - you need to save up until you order a larger amount of tobacco. It takes time and money for a business to send product via USPS, even if you think it's a minimal effort. I typically pay double that on my orders to Canada, and I couldn't be more satisfied. You are lucky to have the option of free shipping; just wait awhile until you have enough money to surpass the required amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.