PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Have a pipe from Germany I’ve been waiting on for coming on 3 weeks. The seller tells me dhl doesn’t do tracking #s with standard shipping(thought that was odd) should I be worried about it being held up at customs? Anything I can do to track package down?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
The issue is not being given a tracking number which DHL provides for all shipments, international or otherwise.

Jamdat692, I think you should email the seller with the link that saintpeter kindly provided. The seller, when shipping any item through DSL will receive a tracking number. That tracking number should have been sent to you. I don't know how you paid for the pipe, but to be proactive I would gather the info needed to give to your payment conduit in order to file a claim, if it becomes necessary.

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Thank you for responding, got ahold of him, says he won’t be back in town until Sunday. Hopefully it gets resolved with everybody happy. Paid with PayPal so hopefully there is some recourse to getting my money back of it goes south.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Here's the tracking I've been watching for a pipe:

I don't know if it's customs or DHL but it's typical for shipments from Germany.

I've got a couple of pipes from private sales that were not shipped DHL that didn't take as long.

If you've got a tracking number and it shows some information you're probably just fine and need to wait longer.

Reactions: Jamdat692

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
I know this is ammature hour, but can someone help me track this package? The numbers heigighted in red don’t appear to be a tracking number. Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• FAB1BCDB-669D-4863-B570-D5775C4C3915.jpeg
    FAB1BCDB-669D-4863-B570-D5775C4C3915.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
That's a beautiful pipe! Patience isn't usually my strong suit, since I'm so used to getting packages two days after I order, but something like that would certainly be worth it. What are you smoking in it?

Jamdat692

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
What had me worried was no tracking number for an overseas shipment. I talked to some friends of mine that are here from Germany. They say it often takes 3 to 4 weeks to get deliveries. Makes me appreciate our postal system. I kept thinking it could be hung up in customs somewhere and I would have no way of knowing. @blues4goose I broke it in with some H&H Black House, probably Plumb Pudding tonight.

Reactions: blues4goose
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I had the same experience with untracked DHL. The German seller claimed that tracked postage was a lot more expensive, so she chose the cheaper option, despite the fact that I had paid a high shipping charge. My impression was the DHL was handling overseas packages for the German Post. It never showed up in my USPS tracking. Regular DHL shipping is incredibly fast.

Reactions: Jamdat692
Status
Not open for further replies.