PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Hi,
I was just curious if anyone had any experience with ShinyPipes on ebay. I remember seeing a video on Stuff and Things a while back about some drama. I was wondering if anyone knew if they got better or if they are still a seller to be aware of.

Thanks!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I studied up on Shiny Pipes before buying a pipe from her that interested me.

She has a poor reputation for obscuring flaws and misleading descriptions.

I found out the hard way that her poor reputation is well deserved.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and the pipe I got had unrevealed flaws and an inaccurate description.

To her credit, she refunded my money after I suffered multiple communications where she ranted and tried to bribe me to remove my feedback from eBay. She literally turned into a mad person.

To her discredit, she used some dark art or voodoo to have MY less than positive feedback removed from eBay.

She single-handedly destroyed my trust in the eBay rating system.

She is actually from my city. I've had to suppress the urge......

Last edited:

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Beware seller leslirelle0 as well. Selling off a ton of estate pipes from SD. I bought one stanwell from them, it showed up with a huge stem crack that had been obscured in all the photos and was not mentioned in the description. Fortunately, I was planning on replacing it anyway, so after speaking with them I gave them the benefit of the doubt (due to their plead of ignorance) and told them they need to show any major flaws like that and mention them in the description.

Very apologetic, they offered me a discount on my next purchase through them and promised to list any flaws. So being the dumbass that I am, I agreed and didn't leave any negative feedback.

I bought an old estate ben wade from them last week. I received no discount, and once again, it arrived with a cracked stem (this time an original I was not planning on replacing), with no mention of that in the description and all the pics taken obscuring it.

Fool me once, etc. First negative feedback I've ever had to leave on ebay.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Ok. Good to know. I was looking at a pipe from them and remembered the negative review. I did not know if they had turned it around and made things right.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I was wondering how long it would take for a thread about shinypipes to start. I will not purchase any thing from her. As stated above,far too many good sellers to waste my time with shinypipes. Make sure to lock your doors and windows, she will probably see this thread eventually and come looking for us to post retracted statements.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've purchased several pipes from ShinyPipes, in the past five years and have nothing but praise for them. My pipes were exactly as pictured and had no surprises. I'm also come to know the owner and she's a well-respected member in her community in Texas.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Doctor Shiny and Mrs. Hyde?

The side I saw was definitely maladjusted and a poor business person.

I'm glad to hear she has some positive areas in her life.

Under seller requirements in each of her eBay posts, you will find this text:

This contract is for an exchange of products and does not cover satisfaction or expectation.
Satisfaction is a personal emotion & Expectation is a part of the imagination

Once you do encounter an issue, she will remind you of that many times per conversation.

My purchase had some flaws in finish that I'd have overlooked.

But the pipe was listed factually wrong, pertaining to era of a Barling, a significant matter in terms of value and desirability.

Misrepresentation of facts are NOT part of the imagination.

Buy from a site sponsor and save yourself the potential butt-reaming.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I’ve bought many pipes from Shinypipes. I’ve never had any issues with them. Everything I’ve ever bought was well photographed and it was easy to see what I was going to receive.

Seen as how I’ve not had issues, I have never spoken or corresponded with the seller, so I can’t speak to that.

Shipping has always been reasonable and quick...

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I am maybe lucky? I purchased an early pat pending Kirsten and a 1915 to 1919 CPF Gourd Calabash from Shiny Pipes and both were as described and descent purchases. I wish good luck for anyone buying from them.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
And, I would never trust the sellers description of a pipes age/era. For my own auctions, I list what I believe to be the age, than let the pictures do the talking and it's up to the buyer to validate.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
I've bought a large number of pipes from shinypipes over the space of many years. I'm happy with everything I purchased from that site and all was as advertised. The entire experience was always more than satisfactory. I'm not here to gainsay what anyone else has written or invalidate their experience, but what I've written is the truth of my own experience in the matter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oops. Somehow I didn't get the intermittent posts that went with the OP. Sound like a risky prospect. If it's worked out for some, that's a good thing. Our site sponsors have good histories of square dealing. I've had excellent experiences with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.