She Says She Wants That "Good Smelling" Tobacco Help...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
While I have some experience and appreciation for good tobaccos, I am fairly new to smoking a pipe...
My lady... she was all for me smoking a pipe... I mean, she was downright enthusiastic... saying things like "you look sexy with that pipe..." and "of course you need a meerschaum."
I know... I am lucky...
...but, here's the rub...
She wants to relive that "good smelling" pipe tobacco she remembers her grandpa smoked...
In other words... fellas... I need some suggestions for tobaccos that smell like candy bars, fruits, candy etc...
I typically like stronger tobaccos with background "notes"
Now I need some suggestions for full on flavor... so when it burns, she feels that the room smells better with me smoking a pipe.
Thanks, LT

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Peterson Special Reserve

Peterson Holiday Season

Peterson De Luxe Mixture

Peterson Sunset Breeze

Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal

Mac Baren 7 Seas Regular

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake

Ashton Smooth Sailing

Ashton Rainy Day

Gawith Hoggarth American Vanilla

Lanes 1Q
All these smell great, I have never smoked Lanes 1Q but i hear great things about it.

pipewife

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2012
Lane Ltd's 1-Q, for sure. With a little bit of research, I have determined that this is what my dad smoked when I was a kid. Hubby has complemented the room note when I've smoked it around him. It's a mild and pleasant smoke, with the classic "pipe smoke" room note.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lane Limited's 1Q. The last comment I had on it in public was, "It smells like roasted marshmellows.". Ontop of the room note it tastes really good as well. The closest win win for smoker and observer.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I get more compliments on Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew than ANY other aero I smoke.
It taste very good too !
Tom

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I had a similar situation and I must have tried 15 aromatics. The clear winner for room note was:
Newminster Blackberry Brandy
It also tastes really good and is inexpensive. A lot of people rave about Boswell's Berry Cobbler. To me, it smells great in the bag and tastes fine, but the room note wasn't exceptional, and the next day the room note was not good.
My favorite aro for the combination of room note and most of all taste is Pipworks and Wilke's Rumcake. Pricey, but worth every penny.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
herbinedave might be correct. If you're looking for a blend that reminds her of her grandfather those might be good places to start. I know a lot of grandpa's used to only smoke the OTCs. From my time in the online pipe community it doesn't seem like artisan blends like GL Pease's and English blends really hit big until sometime in the last fifteen to twenty years if that. Even today 90% of pipe tobacco sold is aromatic. Also, a good place to try and get her memories stirred because they're so affordable.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I would say any aromatic from Boswell's or Hobbit's Weed made by Tewksbury & Co.I get compliments on them all the time.

pipewife

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2012
Boswell Chocolate Creme is my lady's absolute favorite and we haven't found one that compares.

The "danger" there is she may decide to smoke it herself. ;) It's what I am smoking right now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My kids favorites are Boswell Christmas Cookie, Rasberry Cream, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat and Berry Cobbler. I am not a big aro smoker but I do enjoy those on occasion.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Anyone have any experience with Gawith's Firedance Flake? This one struck me as a possible win/win for room note vs. strength and smoking satisfaction.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Boswell chocolate cream. She'll probably want to eat the tobacco...if you don't first.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Sutliff private stocks.."molto dolce" and "Milans butter berry" are two great aro's that smell great.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I tried Firedance flake. It was not my cup of tea. To fruity/floral like?
Mac Baren seven seas royal is one my wife likes me to smoke. When I opened the tin she said," WOW, it smells like date candy! I want to take a bite of it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.